Update - 3 months post op... - Also have a vitamin question!

kiki47
on 10/26/12 9:58 am - Fort Saskatchewan, Canada

Its been 3 months since my surgery and after the ulcers (getting better for sure) eating and drinking still a bit of a struggle but not like before... I also don't have to see the nurses for my dressing changes as I my wounds are now healed. I can say the only thing I'm needing to work on is my energy and to get my vitamins in me. Does anyone know if there is liquid vitamins or chewable for prenatal This was what is recommended by the dietician.

I also went to see the doctor this week  and got the ok to go back to work... woohoo! and the fun part no one has seen me since before surgery and with a weight loss of 50 lbs it could be an interesting entrance lol! I'm actually excited to go back to work I'm sooo bored at home now..

Keelan
on 10/26/12 1:43 pm

I have never seen chewable pre-natal vitamins. I've used the liquid calcium citrate and my sleeve didn't respond well to it. I also use the chewable d and c vitamins. Mostly I take my pre-natal at night cause it use to upset my tummy.

Good Luck with going back to work.

Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

Kelly-AnneH
on 10/26/12 2:41 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I take a prenatal multi that I found at WalMart that comes in a capsule form rather than the usual tablet. It slides down easily and Fred doesn't fuss at all. I'm afraid I don't know the brand (and am in Waikiki at the mo, so can't go look) but there's only one kind there that isn't a tablet.

Kelly-Anne

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/12 2:55 pm

I came across this site the other day..... its from the US but I think if I remember right Canadians were ordering from it....... but I would look into that before you order

https://www1.bariatricadvantage.com

Also maybe try health food stores

kiki47
on 10/27/12 2:07 am - Fort Saskatchewan, Canada

Thank you everyone for the advice... i need to get vitamins into me as I haven't been able to get them down with out getting sick.

Kelly-AnneH
on 10/27/12 5:49 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Try the prenatal gel caps from WalMart. I have a Sleeve and am on a PPI to reduce acid but am having no trouble tolerating or absorbing them. Another option might be to buy regular prenatals and crush them, but I'd expect that to be pretty nasty to get down.

Yet another possibility I just thought of. The health food store has a version of iron supplement called Gentle Iron (Easy Iron?) that my pregnant daughter is able to keep down. Other iron supplements make her feel really ill. Be warned - I think they must be gold plated considering the price. However - they are small, if that's a help to you, and you can get everything else through chewables.

Personally I was thrilled to be able to switch to the prenatals after 3 months of taking a handful of chewables every day.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Rosalie Paliwoda
on 10/30/12 4:05 pm - Canada

Hi there,  I am 5 yrs out from RNY, my husband is 19 mths out from RNY.  Although I tolerate all supplements in either tablet or capsule form, my husband has always had difficulty swallowing pills.  We inquired with his surgeon & our GP & were advised for him to take 2 Chewable, Iron fortified Children's vitamins/day.  He has done this since his surgery & each time his blood is tested everything is normal & he feels great!  Good luck & welcome to the losers bench.

Gizzys
on 10/31/12 12:22 am - Canada

Hi - I asked my dietician about prenatal vitamin types when I was struggling getting them down in the beginning.  She said to her knowledge there wasn't any chewable prenatal's out there.  I could take two regular multi's but then, I would have to take them at different times of the day.  I may get too much of one vitamin and not enough of another.  So I kept on with the large prenatal's.  For months I would crush them and swallow them down with yogurt/pudding.  Easier than just using water.  Masked the horrible taste.  Then at about 6 months I was able to cut them in half and swallow them.  Now at a year, I swallow them whole.  It will get better. 

Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery!

Giselle

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown       

thinkpink91
on 11/7/12 1:44 pm - Calgary, Canada
RNY on 02/26/14

Here is a link to a site you can buy chewable prenatal - HERE

Most Active