lap or open

amanda C.
on 7/30/03 7:01 am - gurdon, Ar
is anyone having the lap done instead of the open surgery? if so please let me know, thanks amanda, oh yea im still waing on insurance approval. wish me luck.
kim B.
on 7/30/03 9:06 am - quitman, ar
amanda- hello my name is kim and im having open RNY- i heard open was safer because they could see more of what is going on in there,but ive heard lots of success stories with lap- i heard dr gibbs was really good with that procedure - like one of the best. i think your down time is about the same as long as you do what is required ......good luck...keep me to date on your progress.....kim
Melissa T.
on 7/30/03 1:03 pm - Rogers, AR
Amanda- I am having lap with Dr. Gibb's. I have only heard wonderful things about him. I had a close friend that he did her surgery in March & she sailed through with flying colors! No problems to date. I have done quite a bit of research & my take on lap vs open is it is less invasive & your recovery time is less. Your doctor or their nurse can give you the pros & cons--then you can make your decision. Good luck on your journey! God Bless- Melissa
Detta P.
on 8/10/03 2:13 pm - Bethel Heights, AR
Amanda- I am having a lap RnY with Dr Galvin on 8/12...Tues!! I have heard that Dr Baker is one of just a few MD's in AR that does the lap procedure. I work in health care (Admin. for a Home Health Agency) and after talking with 3 RN's that I trust, I decided that lap was the way to go. It is less invasive, much smaller incesions thus less chance for incesional healing problems, less pain anticipated and I could probably return to work quicker.
Most Active