One Health Plan

Christy H.
on 7/9/03 6:39 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
Has anyone had WLS done with One Health Plan Ins. ? I would love to hear your experiences with them. Thanks
Patti H.
on 7/10/03 12:41 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi Christy! There's a link to "Insurers" just to the left of this message list. If anyone has One Health Plan, then it will be listed there. I have never heard of them, myself, but I'm here in Tucson buried in CIGNA. Patti in Tucson
J M.
on 7/10/03 12:35 pm - AZ
I have OneHealth Plan but I am still in the process of getting everything done on their "to do list". So I really have not had much contact with them. I guess I will know more when my Dr submitts for approval. Good Luck! Judie
saffire
on 7/25/03 4:08 am - Phoenix, AZ
I am also trying to finish everything on One Health Plan's list to deem my surgery "medically necessary". That has included the psych evaluation (which is required by my surgeon - Dr. Newhoff - anyway), a thyroid check (for some reason the one I had done a couple months beforehand wasn't good enough for them), a physical, and a nutritional consult. All these are done, but for some reason the bariatric center @ Good Sam is having me do my one-on-one consult with the surgeon before they'll submit the paperwork for approval. You'll have to excuse the sarcasm and frustration. Supposedly if I get all these things done, I shouldn't have a problem with them approving the surgery. But it still to this day blows my mind that they'd prefer fighting it out for me to have this surgery. It almost seems like they want me to be forced to the point of life-threatening co-morbidities on top of being obese just to get it done!
J M.
on 8/8/03 10:28 am - AZ
I just got approved with OneHealth, GreatWest. The Dr offfice submitted it last Monday so It took about 2 weeks to get an answer. Have you gone any further with trying to get approved?
Most Active