My packet was sent to CIGNA on 8/22/3

Patti H.
on 8/25/03 2:14 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hi guys! I've been swamped getting ready to start teaching classes for fall. Becky Emailed me on Thursday night and told me she was shipping my packet to CIGNA on Friday the 22nd. I, too, wish I'd known that it would be there for 37 days before being sent off, but alas... I've got piles of documentation. Here's what I submitted: 6 months of monthly weigh ins with my PCP in the last year (I lost 2 pounds); 37 weeks of weekly weigh ins with Weigh****chers in the last year (I lost 9 pounds); 18 months of monthly weigh ins with my Nutritionist (2000 to 2002) (I lost 5 pounds); 17 months of monthly weigh ins with my Nutritionist (1994 to 1995) (I lost 25 pounds); 6 months of monthly weigh ins with my PCP and his nutritionist (1992) (I lost 25 pounds); and countless others where I could not find documentation. I also have a BMI of 44 and it has not been under 40 for 3 years. I had a sleep study and reported a 9.5 sleep apnea index (mild) and a severe snoring apnea. I have high cholesterol, and a bunch of other problems, but I don't think they consider those in their evaluation. What do you suppose my odds are of getting approved?
Donna M.
on 8/25/03 3:04 pm - Avondale, AZ
I wish you the best.....first time approvals are very rare....I'm not trying to be negative...but I had 2 cigna Doctors tell me that Cigna denies on first trys...I have not seen anyone approved the first time in the last 8 months that I've been on these boards...so if you are approved I will be overjoyed for you....and if not...I am sure you will be approved eventually..... Besides you can't get approved before me...we need to go together in our race around the nurses station LOL
(deactivated member)
on 8/26/03 1:49 pm - El Mirage, AZ
Patti, all I can say is GOOD LUCK!!! Even the most "together" people seemed to have gotten shot down, I hope you prove us ALL WRONG!!! HUGS LADY!!!!
lemarie22
on 8/26/03 4:20 pm - Glendale, AZ
Good Luck Patti. Sooner or later someone has to get through on the first try. I hope you're the one. Let us know how it goes. Connie
Most Active