The Packet Has Left The Building

lemarie22
on 8/27/03 11:18 am - Glendale, AZ
I called Becky last Friday to see where we were with my packet and getting it sent to Cigna. She said that she was waiting for a letter from my pcp. I reminded her that I had sent one in with the original packet back in June and had brought in another one on July 28th. Oops. OK, well then... She said that she was 6 weeks behind on insurance referrals and would try to get to it before she went on vacation this week. What!?!?!? Patience is a virtue. Patience is a virtue. I knew that she was going to be off starting this Friday and didn't want to bug her so waited for today to call. I figured that would give me all day Thursday to be annoying if it wasn't on it's way. Becky dug my file out from under the pile and said that she would try to get to it before she left. I summoned up all of my nice reserves and told her that I knew people who had their consultations after me had been processed. I figured that I was about due. She told me that she'd do her best to get to it tomorrow. She e-mailed me at the end of the day today and said that it is on its way. Becky is back to being my new best friend. All is right with the world and I can't wait for my denial so I can get on with my appeal. Bring on the Cigna hoops.
(deactivated member)
on 8/27/03 2:09 pm - El Mirage, AZ
YEAH FOR YOU!!! WELCOME TO MY HOOPS!!!! LOL!!! Good for you for being assertive. YES, I know they are busy as all get out but COME ON ALREADY!!?? Seriously, GOOD LUCK, Connie! HUGS, Michelle
Donna M.
on 8/28/03 12:53 am - Avondale, AZ
That is great news Connie..I wish you the best. I was thinking...big mistake that my biggest issue and waiting time has not been with Cigna...but with the Dr.s office...either waiting for seminar 4 months, waiting for initial appt. 2 months...waiting for Becky to do her job 6 weeks and if approved it will probably be 4 months till surgery date...hmmmm is there is something wrong with this picture? After I've had this surgery...my survey comments may not be nice...
Patti H.
on 8/28/03 2:44 am - Tucson, AZ
Guys? Do you have any idea what it is that has to be done with this packet before it leaves the building? Also, do we get a copy of the psych eval or the letter they write to the insurance company? Patti in Tucson
Most Active