Recent Posts

Ccecejac
on 3/18/23 5:58 pm
Mini Gastric Bypass on 02/06/20
Topic: Be Motivated Always! Do not Give Up!

Hi Bariatric Family,

I have been battling Obesity and battling Eating Disorder for over 10 years. I tried the Weight Management previous years before. I had a personal trainer, I was going to the gym, and I cut back on my calorie's intakes. Overall, I was able to lose 125 pounds. I was able to maintain and not regained the weight loss for 5 months the most. I was not able to lose any more weight I reached a Plateau!!! I spend more hours at the gym and ate food being mindful of calories intakes. I eventually, regained all 125 pounds I loss and regained additional over 100 pounds extra weight that I had to battle with ongoing.

I was wearing a Size 4X and 5X in jackets, a Size 5X to a Size 6X in pants, blouses, and clothes in general.. I always had to utilize an extension seat belt riding in the car, and this was my reason avoiding taking an airplane. I was almost 400 pounds. I decided to have the "Gastric Bypass Surgery" this surgery was the right fit for me because I needed to lose over 100 pounds. On February 6, 2020, I had the Gastric Bypass Surgery. I had no side effects and I did not have any complications. I followed my Bariatric Surgeon guidelines and per instructions very "Important." I had a License Dietitian they give us support and guidance what food to avoid after the Bariatric Surgery (Post Op). The Dietitian is there to continue to assist us on our weight loss journey success. It is "Important" to follow your License Dietitian guidelines per instructions too!!

My Weight Loss journey was a new amazingly transformation. I loss almost 180 pounds my 3 years Post Op was on February 6, 2023. I have not regained any weight back and continue to lose 2 pounds to 3 pounds a week. I wear a Size 12 in pants, a Size small in shirts (tops), a Size medium in skirts and dresses. My coats and jackets are a Size small/medium. I am enjoying each day abundantly of joyfulness and continuous great success on my weight loss journey success until this day. "By the amazing grace of God made it possible." I am always delighted to share my "True Testimony" to inspire and genuinely helping others to overcome their battling with Obesity and overcome their battling with Eating Disorder.

I continue to apply my Bariatric Surgeon guidelines and the License Dietitian I was receiving assistance from years ago their guidelines were always to eat in smaller portion and in moderation. I am very mindfully (aware) of healthy food to eat than food with high calories to not eat. I have adapted extremely well with my healthy eating patterns. I am delighted and continuing enjoying my amazingly new transformation every day! I keep my "Mindset" continuously motivated, discipline, fully committed, and strongly mindful is the key to not regain any weight back. This how you avoid weight gain and prevent setbacks!!!

I have a compassion for helping others in a positive way (that is what I do). We must continue to support and edify one another. If someone had a setback (regained weight) and need advice well, I support them how I am continuing to have weight loss success, then be supportive and give them guidance in helping them to reach their weight loss goals.

Our Weight Loss Journey is a Lifetime and a Lifetime Commitment for the rest of our lives. I would like to thank you kindly for taking the time to read my "True Testimony."

Respectfully,

Cece

RaynatWinters
on 3/9/23 6:26 am
Topic: RE: 60 lbs down from 90lb regain and looking for support
On March 9, 2023 at 1:35 PM Pacific Time, RaynatWinters wrote:

You've made amazing progress, and I admire your determination to reach your goals. Losing weight can be tough, but having a support system can make all the difference.

Have you considered joining a local support group or finding an online community? I've found that surrounding myself with people who are also on a weight loss journey has been incredibly helpful. I also wanted to suggest checking out podaimaperformance.com. I truly believe that their approach to fitness and nutrition could be beneficial for you as you continue on your journey. Lastly, I want to remind you to be kind to yourself. Losing weight is a process, and it's important to celebrate the progress you've already made.

RaynatWinters
on 3/9/23 6:25 am
Topic: RE: 13 years and counting

I am very happy for you and for your visible successes , continue in the same spirit ! the most important thing is that you feel good and sports are a great activity for everyone!

RaynatWinters
on 3/9/23 5:35 am

You've made amazing progress, and I admire your determination to reach your goals. Losing weight can be tough, but having a support system can make all the difference.

TimDonsei
on 3/9/23 4:00 am

Keep up the good work, and know that there are people out there rooting for you!

Kim Gyurina, OH Staff
on 2/2/22 7:59 am
DS on 09/27/23
Topic: OH National Conference tickets are now on sale! Early Bird Tickets are Limited!

Hello everyone and Happy 2022!

We are thrilled to announce that we have launched Early Bird ticket sales for our National Conference. Visit the Events Page for information on the past events, buy tickets, and get an idea what to expect this year in Southern CA! Get your Halloween costumes ready for the Friday night Meet and Greet that has become an OH tradition and is so much fun!

We are currently working on key topics for the speakers that help to educate us all, as well as bringing back bariatric-friendly product vendors who provide samples to try, so let's please share this information with everyone so they can join us. Keep

Whether you have attended before or are with us for the first time, everyone is welcome to come and be supported in their journeys to health and weight loss! Look for the Early Bird Tickets

See you there!

Kim Gyurina, Event Manager

Jennifer K.
on 8/8/19 7:58 am - Phoenix , AZ
Topic: 13 years and counting

In June I hit my 13 year surgery anniversary and didnt get around to posting until now :-)

I am doing great... I have kept up with my vits/supps and still get annual bloodwork. Over the past year + I have really started to focus on my diet and exercise and took up biking. I ride 7 days a week, sometimes twice a day and mix in yoga and weights as well as moved to a vegetable heavy diet still making sure I get my protein. I am in the best shape of my life and feel amazing. I am down to 135lbs from the 145lbs I was for many years and have seen a lot of positive changes in my body since focusing diet and exercise.

I hope everybody is doing well on their journeys!

~Jennifer

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

Denise R Armstrong
on 7/24/18 4:06 pm - Sun City, AZ
Topic: RE: Arizona Support Groups

Hi Kristie, I would love to get a group started in the area. It seems support groups for those of us who are no longer in the newlywed phase don't have many options for support groups.

Since my Sundays are taken up, Saturdays would work well for me. I live in Sun City and still work 4 days a week in Surprise. If you like we can arrange to meet at your home or somewhere neutral for the 1st time. You can text me at 623 363 9382.

When did your Journey begin? When would you like to meet, if your still interested? I have fur babies and a Keurig as well - so I think we will get along just fine. Lol

Kristie B.
on 7/24/18 6:55 am - Surprise, AZ
Topic: RE: Arizona Support Groups

Sorry it's taking me so long to respond. Life got in the way of me trying to take back control of my journey. If you are still interested I would love to start a support group in our area. I'm available most Saturday evenings or Sunday mornings and have a pretty large kitchen table and an always ready to go keurig. That is if you don't mind my fur babies.

Kristie

VSG 12/08/08

RNY 11/09/20

Robin D.
on 6/27/18 11:26 pm - Nor Cal, CA
Topic: 60 lbs down from 90lb regain and looking for support

Hello,

I'm 90 lbs down from my highest (315) and 60 lbs down from my pregnancy regain of 90 lbs (280). I'm looking for support groups, advice, etc to help me lose the last 30 of my regain and another 20 to 40 beyond that. My body seems to be at a set point (220), and I'm fighting hard to get myself back into wonderland. I've got an instagram for support, but local support would be great. Also, if anyone who has also gone through this (actually losing the regain) and would like to give me some suggestions/advice as I continue my journey, I'd appreciate it.

Robin

My insta is robinsgettingfit, if you want to support me (and get support) there.

Feb 05 - 315 lbs surgery-- Feb 06 - 187 lbs--May 08 - 200 at son's birth --Aug 08- 235 (due 2 Fenugreek--given to increase breast milk & gained 35 lbs from it.) --  Oct 10 - 280 daughter born (due to bed rest, hospital visits,& gestational diabetes) -Feb 12 - 280 tackling regain--Mar 13 restart- 240 (using rules of the pouch & exercising 2-3xday

Most Active