Help! Denied Again-Considering Canada\Mexico....

Kim1031
on 6/18/06 12:12 pm - Grants Pass, OR
Hi all- We've hit another seemingly impossible insurance road block in our quest for WLS. I am getting so discouraged. Does anyone in Canada - either BC or near Edmonton, Alberta know if your clinics there take on pitiful Americans that don't have much money? Both my husband and I need surgery, and could come up with the fee that the Mexico Clinic charges....but that really, really scares me, and I haven't been able to find a lot of info to allay my fears. We know several people that have come to Canada to have Lasix, and have said that the medical laws and standards are extremely high. So, anyone have ANY suggestions that could get me rolling in the right direction? I would appreciate anything you could tell me, positive or negative. Thank you everyone that's already been so supportive, you make everything so much easier! Thanks, Kim
dogqueen_3
on 6/28/06 11:10 am - Kelowna, Canada
Kim The waiting time in BC and Alberta is anywhere from 3-5 years I beleive the cost is about $35,000 each. Its cheaper in Mexico!!! vicki E
lmsmith
on 7/3/06 2:49 am - Burnaby, Canada
I live in Canada and went to Mexico for my surgery, as did my brother. The cost was 12,500.00 US. We both had ours done by Dr Joya in Puerto Vallarta and were extremely satisfied. The hospital was cleaner and more modern than any US or Canadian hospital i've ever been in. If you'd like any more info, shoot me an email!!! [email protected] Leanne LAP RNY - Dec 16/05 Dr Joya PV Mexico 274/256/140/??
Most Active