New Kid Here!!

ateeyah
on 10/14/06 6:44 am - Canada
Hello everyone, My Name is Tracy and I'm from Surrey, BC Canada and just this very moment joined the group. I am so looking forward to lerning about Lap Band surgery and particularly what is available in my area. I am totally in the dark and need plenty of enlightment. Hope also to meet folks from my area so anyone else here from Surrey - I would love to hear from you as well. Thanks for having me - my journey is just beginning...
(deactivated member)
on 10/15/06 2:03 am - Victoria, Canada
Hello Tracy in Surrey. I am Janice in Victoria. Welcome to the BC Board. We don't have too many bandsters posting on this board. The lapband is still self pay in BC and only a few surgeons do it. Not sure who they are. If you check out the OH Lap Band forum, you might find a few BC'ers on there. This board is pretty quiet. There are not many who post here but the majority of the ones who do seem to be waiting for RNY surgery with Dr. Meneghetti in Vancouver. Thanks for introducing yourself. It's nice to see new people here. Janice
Sim W.
on 10/15/06 2:51 am - Vancouver, Canada
Hi Tracy, Yes, as Janice said in her reply to your question, there are very few lap banders on this forum but the names of the surgeons that I am aware of are: Dr. Leung in Surrey Dr. Lai in Delta? I think Dr. Woodhead- Dr. Amson in Victoria They are all self pay ranging from $12-18,000 for the procedure. I would also suggest going on the Victoria bariatric surgery.com website and asking there too as they have a lot of people who have either had the WLS or are in the process, just click on message board on the left corner once in the site. You can also come to the support groups as well- one in North Vancouver next Tuesday evening and Langely on Saturdays. I will post soon when the next get together is in Langely- it is coming up I believe either next Saturday or the one after. Take care and I look forward to conversing with you on this forum. It's great to have more people Sim
orval
on 10/15/06 2:36 pm - surrey, Canada
Hi Tracy my name is Monica and I"m also from Surrey, welcome aboard. It's is so nice to have others to talk that really understand, so good for you for making a decision to take this journey along with all of us. Keep plugged in and you will learn alot from all the great information. Regards Monica B.
Most Active