2nd appointment with Dr Sampath

prplady
on 5/11/11 1:46 pm - Canada
Ok .. So I had my second appointment on Monday and Hmm It didn't go so well... I do still get to see him again in a month.. But after reviewing my food and exercise journal, he said that he did not think that I was ready... I was pretty angry and upset with that... He was not happy with my having drinks while I was away for my Birthday! I am not a big drinker and hell yeah I had drinks, It was my birthday and I was outta town.... I realize that I will not be able to drink at all after surgery for like 6 months.  Well I haven't had it yet !!!!!! anyways just a little rant . Have to see what he says next month and go from there....
jaynak
on 5/14/11 6:42 am - Canada
Sorry that your appt. didn't go as you had hoped.  He definately does expect to see that his patients are doing everything they can to help themselves before the surgery.  When I saw him on Friday morning he told me that he had a patient in there that morning that he would not operate on because he was no where near ready for the surgery.
When I first saw Dr. Tang I got them same impression from him, that he didn't think that I was ready for the surgery, that served to really anger me and so in the time before my next appt. I did everything I could to show him that I was ready and would be a good candidate for the surgery. 
I hope that your next appt. goes well.  When is your next appt???  I have my 3rd appt. on June 3.
suzanneb
on 5/18/11 4:59 am - North Vancouver, Canada
Sorry that your meeting didn't go so well.

I had gastric bypass surgery Feb 2009. After surgery if you have the RNY you could dump from drinking alcohol if the sugar levels are high,its empty calories, and my understanding is it could affect your liver easier with having the weight loss surgery but everyone is different in their choices after surgery.

Suzanne

prplady
on 5/18/11 9:43 am - Canada
Thanks guys... I see him again in 4 weeks June 6th
I understand that i wil lnot be able to drink heavily after surgery.. That is what upset me.. I have not had the surgery yet. Anyways time will tell if this is the road for me...

suzanneb
on 6/5/11 11:32 pm - North Vancouver, Canada

I hope your appointment goes well today. Let us know
how it goes.

prplady
on 6/6/11 8:17 am - Canada
Thanks! It got rescheduled to wed .. I have not had a drink and I have lost about 8 lbs from last appointment .. So we shall see
suzanneb
on 6/6/11 3:52 pm - North Vancouver, Canada

Congratulations on your weight loss this fantastic news, I hope that your surgeon will be pleased with your weight loss and that your appt will go better this time.

Please let us know how your appt goes on Wednesday.

Suzanne

healthbound
on 6/8/11 12:03 pm - BC, Canada
Hi prplady,

Just wondering how your 3rd appointment went.

I have my first appointment with Dr Sampath on Friday.
jaynak
on 6/7/11 5:18 am - Canada
Hope that this appt. goes better than your last one.  He should be happy with the weight loss, when I saw him last week I was down 4 lbs in 3 weeks and he was very happy with that.  And if you haven't been drinking and that's something that he was concerned about then he will be happy about that as well. 

Just so you know I was told last week that they aren't expecting to do any surgeries over the summer due to a hospital slow down.  Dr. Sampath did tell me that he was hoping to get extra time to do them in Aug/Sept.  The drs. seem to be expecting some funding to be released to the hospitals for these surgeries.
Most Active