2 weeks full fluids DONE!

prplady
on 11/22/11 4:28 am - Canada
Yippee!!    I did it , man, it wasn't easy, but it is over!

I am off to see Nooshin and get the new soft foods diet

Mmmm man I can not wait!!!

How is everyone else doing?

We have not heard from a few of you

whats happening?

hope everyone is doing well

HW 270  SW 226 CW 175.8 GW 150

michelle.z
on 11/22/11 6:44 am - Barberton, OH

I also survived the two weeks of liquids. Nice isn't it? I'll still have to supplement with protien shakes for awhile, but thats ok. It's just nice to have some variety! Today was my follow-up and everything looked good...down 26 lbs since surgery, so not too shabby! Can't say I've EVER lost 26 lbs in two weeks before! I've eaten twice today and have done well. Started out with some broiled fish and then some cottage cheese. It's amazing what little it takes to fill me up now, and I'm not even really hungry. I just know I need to get used to eating again.  I'm just happy to be past the first 2 weeks! Hope all continues to go well for you!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
jaynak
on 11/22/11 7:26 am - Canada
Yaaayyy!!!!  Hope that things continue to go well for you!!!!  It is so nice to get some variety in your diet and be able to try new things.  You'll have to let us know what you have for your first "real" meal.

I'm doing OK, still in this blasted stall but hoping it'll break really soon.  Managed to do 3 1/2 hours of Christmas shopping with a friend of mine today, man did that tire me out!!!  I really need a nap now.  It'll be 6 weeks on Monday and I will be able to start introducing more exercises and am really hoping that will hope me break out of this stall.

Keep us posted on how you're doing.

lilymorg
on 11/22/11 8:03 am
it was 4 WEEKS of fluids!!! lol 

2 weeks pre-op, 2 weeks post op!

Glad your onto the next stage!  Can't wait to move on too! :)
prplady
on 11/22/11 12:57 pm - Canada
Mmm Salmon was for dinner.. 1 whole ounce
plus a teaspoon each of squash, sweet potatoe
as well as a small piece of califlower and one spear of asparagus

mmm it was good.... i did not finish all the veggies

true true it was 4 weeks!!!!

I am down just over 10 lbs so Michelle you ar way ahead of me there! WOW keep up the good work!!
I will most likely still have a protien shake daily tooo.

HW 270  SW 226 CW 175.8 GW 150

lilymorg
on 11/22/11 2:53 pm
sounds like a really good first meal back into solids!
clovergirl
on 11/23/11 12:20 am - Canada
I see Nooshin next week, and am really looking forward to getting some variety. I've told my husband time and time again all I want is a Taco Salad (homemade) and he told me 2 oz of a salad isn't much to enjoy... Funny how all I crave is salad.
lilymorg
on 11/23/11 12:25 am
Ive been craving some taco salad too. lol
Ive heard lots of people have intolerances to lettuce after surgery...I hope not!
jaynak
on 11/23/11 1:34 am - Canada
About all you could have with a taco salad is the meat, cheese, sour cream, salsa and maybe some guacamole.  Unfortunately raw veggies aren't allowed until about 6 weeks out.  And the shell/chips are definately not on the list yet.  Sorry to burst your bubbles ladies. 

If you want mexican then something that is mentioned on the main RNY board fairly often if refried bean with cheese and the sour cream/salsa on top.  Like a burrito without the wrap.

It is so nice to finally get off of the liquids and be able to experiment with real foods, just make sure you go slow and be careful, wouldn't want anyone getting sick with their new diet.

Most Active