Dr Amson and funding

Ayorama
on 9/14/12 10:38 am - Surrey, Canada
Dr Amson is meeting with the ministry to try and get more funding for bariatric surgery on October 5.  I"m thinking it might be a good idea to write to someone to help get the funding to shorten the 4 year wait list.... but I'm not sure where to go for statistics.  IE:  What am i likely to cost the system in the years to come because of weight related problems down the road...
any suggestions on how to write a letter like this would be greatly apprecaited!
shanti4758
on 9/14/12 1:52 pm
http://www.blazeonline.com/wls

/
that is fantastic that Dr Amson is doing that again. He has done that numerous times and is a real advocate. How did you find out? How long have you been waiting. I am on Dr Tangs list. I would suggest contacting some of the folks that have been quite active in BC advocacy. Blake, Ron Merk and many others that are on some of the other sites.  dont know all the names but if you go to the site above I am sure that Ron Merk help you out.

Ayorama
on 9/14/12 3:29 pm - Surrey, Canada
I got my appointment in March, and it was yesterday. So I've just started the wait. 4 - 5 years is what the receptionist told me, and 3-4 years is what dr. Amson said. I did ask about going to Dr Tang instead if it was a shorter wait, but i"M a revision, so I really want the most experienced doctor (Amson) plus apparently Dr Tang's wait list is the same as Dr Amson...
Ayorama
on 9/14/12 3:30 pm - Surrey, Canada
Oh, and I've tried to get on the wls support site, but when I requested a logon, it came but doesn't work, so I emailed back and asked for assistance getting on, and have heard nothing back.. that was three days ago. I hope they get to me soon!
shanti4758
on 9/14/12 9:18 pm, edited 9/14/12 2:23 am
I havent had too much luck with that new site either. I found it easier to go to his facebook page. If you are on facebook do a search for wls support. It is the one with the orange ribbon for an icon. That is rons group as well. It will be easy to contact him there. What is your revision from and why? I wish you good luck, the wait is hard.
Dr tang is only allotted 1 surgery per month.

Most Active