VICTORIA to MX for Surgery! Support Groups?

islandgirl_67
on 4/19/13 2:08 am - Canada

Having sleeve surgery in Mexico Friday May 3rd.

I am looking for ANY AND ALL post-op support opportunities for post-op life.  Be it an online support buddy, a local Victoria support group, a near by cohort, anything and everything welcome. 

Would LOVE to hear from anyone in or around Victoria BC - who is either pre-op or post-op sleeve surgery in Mexico and wants to be supported and share in this journey!

Can't wait to hear from You!

Cindy

Islandertra
on 4/19/13 5:20 am - Courtenay, Canada
VSG on 05/15/13

Hey Cindry I am planning on going to Mexico on May 15 th with Dr.Aceves.  I live in Courtenay and would love to share this journey with you ! How is you surgeon and where are you getting it done? Tracy

islandgirl_67
on 4/19/13 5:55 am - Canada

Hi Tracy!  So nice to hear from you!  I fly into San Diego and where I will be picked up and driven 4 blocks inside the Mexican border to Dr. Mi Hospital in Tijuana.  My Dr's are Dr. Ismael Cabrera and Dr. Luisiana Valenzuela.  I'm having sleeve surgery. 

Where are you going? And what is your surgery?  Do you have someone going with you?

I'm so ready for this,  two weeks today!   But I'm nervous about not having the follow up care once I get back to BC.   I haven't told my GP,   I see him Tuesday to tell him  ---  not looking forward to that part.

I'm nervous and excited at the same time.  My girl friend is coming with me because my husband is too protective and will probably drive me insane.  She had Lap Band Surgery in Puerto Vallarta last year. 

Cindy

Islandertra
on 4/20/13 8:41 am - Courtenay, Canada
VSG on 05/15/13

Hi Cindy, So excited for you , only a couple of days left. I am having my surgery by Dr. Aceves in Mexicalli.I just got my surgery date confirmed. May 15th Yay !!! I can't wait. I am having sleeve surgery as well.

I am taking my husband but wish I wasn't . He is not really excited for me to go. Questioning everything.Thinkiing I should wait and get it done in Victoria ( NOT going to happen) I am not really worried at this point but I am sure I will be as the date gets closer LOL. I just don't want DH to be right about having it in Mexico.......but I did find insurance in case anything does happen. ( He wouldn't let me get it without)

I don't have any follow up care either. I did tell my doctor about it and my husband happened to be with me . He was not very supportive about the Mexico thing and asked if I would look back into Canada? (NOPE) Hoping this forum will help with support . And you of course.

I will take with you again before you go. My phone # 250-338-4235 if you want to chat before or after you go. Tracy

Peanut1
on 6/24/13 4:04 am

Hi All,

I'm seriously looking at going to Mexico for vertical sleeve surgery.   How did your surgeries go?  Any adverse affects?  I live in the lower mainland and am hoping to go in October.  I've been doing a lot of reading and researching the procedure but haven't found many patient reviews on Mexican surgeons and hospitals.   Any info would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

Laura

Most Active