first Tops meeting tonight

tamarag55
on 6/4/15 9:41 pm - Port Moody (outside Vancouver), Canada

Hi all, I went to my first TOPS meeting tonight. It was fun, we ended with a dance to 'I'm Happy,' which was celebratory and light, compared to other support groups 'I've been to. Also weighed for the first time since my orientation meeting in Victoria. Even with all I've been through in the last few months, I've lost a bit, so I am at 16 lbs lost since my first meeting with Dr. Zentner in September. Feeling motivated! 

I see Dr. Zentner again on the 21st, and Dr Mallick in July for my surgery consult. I hope going to TOPS will help me stay on track and slowly losing in the meantime. The support will be necessary to succeed for sure!

(deactivated member)
on 6/16/15 10:15 am

Great work!! Keep it up 😊

I've seen Dr. Malik twice before but since the program change I'm feeling a bit mixed up. I'm seeing Carla and Dr. Zetner end of July. Hope you get your surgery date soon. 

tamarag55
on 6/17/15 11:20 am - Port Moody (outside Vancouver), Canada

If you are mixed up, call Carla. She's an amazing resource. I've called once or twice, got a bit of support. One thing I've noticed is a lot of us focus on our surgery dates and future meetings. As someone who has major anxiety I've learned to focus on right now; we have no control over what the doctor's are doing but we can ask questions so that need can be met and then pay attention to what we can control, which, if it is about our health, could be any number of small choices we make each day about food, about moving, about self care etc. Hope this doesn't sound preachy! It has helped me to be mindful, maybe it can help you, help others. 

tamarag55
on 7/2/15 8:05 pm - Port Moody (outside Vancouver), Canada

Hey everyone. I am replying to my own post. But there has been some talk about looking for supports. I joined TOPS and it really is great!! I just won TOPS of the month for my chapter! Hope it is not just beginner's luck. 8.1 lbs this month! I'm bringing my certificate to my appointment with Dr. Malick on July 22 to show how serious I am. Anyway it is great support, lots of laughter and kindness.  

Most Active