CatD
on 10/28/15 12:03 am - Victoria , Canada

Hello all

I looked at this forum a while back and never registered but as my surgery date approaches I realize how much support I need from people who are going through or gone through this!!!

My surgery (Sleeve) is Dec 2. I start liquid diet next week! I'm excited, scared, nervous and every emotion in between!!!!

I look forward to connecting with fellow BCers especially those in Victoria :)

Thanks

Catherine

Shainsley
on 11/3/15 11:36 am - Canada

Congratulations on being so close Catherine!

My sleeve is November 26th in Victoria with Malik and I live in West Vancouver. Have you started the liquid diet yet or would that be tomorrow? I wasn't feeling nervous or apprehensive until I started the pre-op diet. It really is happening and even though I've waited for 4 years, it feels like time is going quickly now. I'd be more than happy to connect with you an navigate through this process together:)

Good luck!

Kim

CatD
on 11/15/15 10:56 pm - Victoria , Canada

Hi Kim

Thanks so much for replying!! Yes I started my liquid diet on Nov 4....two weeks in and man it is hard! I have basically worked and stayed at home as can't deal with temptations right now.

I'm also feeling nervous!!! I'm sure it's normal to feel this way. I'm so scared but excited for the change. I'm tired of being this way and want my new life!!!

I would love to stay in touch and we can support and guide each other on the process with you being a week ahead of me lol!

talk soon I hope :)

Daniel88
on 11/25/15 1:44 pm

Hi Cat

It sound like you have the right attitude. Yes it is hard, but anything worthwhile is. We have all been in this path for a while, each one with success and setbacks. 

In the end, it will be worth everything you have put into this. I have a friend who had the surgery over 2 years ago and she has been so supportive in my journey.

Today is a major milestone for me as I am 2 hours away from meeting the surgeon. It has been over a year since I told Dr. Zentner to put my name on the list. If not for a clerical error, I probably would have had the surgery by now. But the past is no where near as important as the future. There will be more challenges ahead and a good attitude and the knowledge that the process is worth it because you are worth it will carry  you through them.

All the best.

daniel

Most Active