Pre-op Liquid Diet

Jibledoe
on 3/20/16 9:14 pm
VSG on 04/06/16

Alright this might be TMI but you may want to make sure you don't have plans on days 1-4 of the diet after that the gas and bathroom trips tend to regulate but for a couple of days there I was not happy to be at work now things are fine other than my nerves that this surgery is only a couple weeks away....

Good luck to anyone starting their pre-op diet soon!

rabgal
on 3/23/16 10:39 pm

Oh Jill lololololololol ... definitely good to know (that we're gonna 'go')

rabgal
on 3/28/16 1:35 am

How's liquid life going now, Jill?

Jibledoe
on 3/28/16 1:16 pm
VSG on 04/06/16

Thanks for checking in!

It's tough, I have to say this last weekend was the worst, I've been depressed before but never like this, I was just dead.  I'm not physically hungry but I'm head hungry all the time, I miss chewing, using utensils and dishes like a normal person, and I miss salt, or anything savoury really. 

I crave a runny egg on toast like nobody's business it's all I can think about.

The belly noises, are kind of embarassing, it's become a joke at the office now, if the tenant above us drops some boxes of paper or something, I'm right in there with "don't worry, it's just my stomach".  Helps to joke about it.

I had my visit with my GP last week, all was good, she weighed me and checked my blood pressure.  I've never had high blood pressure, and it was high, I blame the diet I think it's stressing me out, and I think the weight is wrong so I'll check with Dr. Z at my appointment on Wednesday.  If the weight is right however, it will have meant that I lost 11.5 pounds in one week of liquid diet, and that seems unlikely. 

To get out of my depressed funk this weekend, I cleaned out my clothes, folded and bagged, everything I currently wear and anything I don't want anymore for my next clothes swap, set up the spare bedroom (where I'll be sleeping when I first come home) and cleaned out and organized my tupperware.

I have an important client in town today and I had to send my second in command to take him to a lovely italian lunch, while I sit here, drink my glucerna and fart.

What a glorious life I lead! I just keep telling myself I'm over halfway there....

Sorry for rambling, how are you doing?

Jill

rabgal
on 3/28/16 3:28 pm

You're doing fabulous, Jill !!  You've coined a great phrase, "brain hungry" what a great term - I'll have to remember that.  Keep fighting the good fight, warrior woman; you've got this!!!  11.5 pounds may be on spot for weight loss; I've heard of 15 pounds lost on the pre-op diet too.  

Today, I'm fighting the chocolate eggs - I managed to keep them out of the house and then my daughter brought home a large kinder surprise egg for everyone and I gave in :(  ate 1/2 of it.  Tomorrow is another day though so onward, yet downward on the scale.

Jibledoe
on 3/28/16 3:40 pm
VSG on 04/06/16

Keep fighting, tomorrow is another day! I really wanted a cadbury cream egg all weekend, I don't even like them but the idea I couldn't have one bothered me...it's my crazy brain....

Most Active