Realistic Goals

winter_jayne
on 7/7/16 6:10 pm

Hi everyone! Sure is quiet here!

So I am 2 months post-orientation, and they say my first appointment will be in about 6 weeks (no date yet but I talked to Michelle) I am busy reading, tracking, saying goodbye to alcohol and coffee (BOOO) and working on the psychology of how I got here.. 

In things I have read, they keep saying that people lose 60-80% of their excess weight, but I wonder if that is a realistic goal for me to have? Or expectation rather. I have never been close to a healthy weight (even as an infant/toddler/child/teen, I was ALWAYS in the obese range) I guess, it is scary to imagine actually hitting that goal.. Has anyone else ever thought of that, pre-surgery? I guess my biggest concern isn't if I get there, but what that's going to feel like when I weigh less that I did as a 10 year old. Currently working on how my family relationships are going to change, since everyone I have ever known knows me as a "big girl" 

Thoughts?Advice? 

Win

Lightsout_101
on 7/12/16 8:35 pm - Port edward, Bc

What kind of questions are you asked . My orientation is on the 14th I just wanna know what to expect

winter_jayne
on 7/13/16 2:36 pm

They really don't ask you anything at orientation. It's a seminar style, and you are told every. single. thing. that is important. I am not a note taker, but I wish I had taken a few notes. 

Lightsout_101
on 7/14/16 10:02 am - Port edward, Bc

how long is it for

winter_jayne
on 7/15/16 2:58 pm

It was 2.5 hours long

AnImperfectAngel
on 7/15/16 4:31 pm - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17

Hi Win,

I think its going be a unique journey for each of us. I also cannot imagine being so small but I've decided to take it one step at a time and to get as much support as I can along the way.

It sounds like were pretty close with our timelines as my orientation was in March. Maybe we can help each other as we go.

Best of luck to you!

Rhiannon

High W: 265 Surgery W: 208 Current W: 160 Goal W: 135

VSG Surgery May 30, 2017

Most Active