Dr. Kent......

(deactivated member)
on 2/14/08 11:00 am - Garden Grove, CA
RNY on 08/10/04 with
I was supposed to have my PS consult with Dr. Kent on Monday. I requested it on January 2nd because I knew I would be off work. They called to cancel.....seems they decided to take the day off too! Good for them, but I was really excited to go and see what he has to say. I also have 4 other consults scheduled over the next month. I have lost 14.7 lbs since January 1st and would hope to lose about 25 more by summertime. I just went back to the basics of protein first, low calorie, etc....and working out, and it is coming off. Some weeks it doesn;t move, then drops suddenly!! I am excited to see the PS surgeon.....I REALLY want to get a tummy tuck and brachioplasty done this summer! :-) I am off about 8 weeks! For those of you that have had this type of surgery, would I be recovered enough in 4 weeks, 6 weeks, 8 weeks? I teach 3rd graders....I am off June 14 and back August 8th.  I would like to schedule it the week after I am off. Thanks! :-)
Sheryl in So Cali
on 2/14/08 11:49 am, edited 2/14/08 11:50 am - San Clemente, CA
Kimberly I did not have both done at the same time.  I was very lucky not to have any problems with either my arms or tummy.  I would guess that 5 - 6 weeks for recuperation for both, baring any complications. Everyone heals differently.  I thought the arms were going to be the worst but they weren't. I am sure some others will post their experiences. Take care and it is good to see you posting.  Do you visit the PS boards? http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/a,messagebo ard/board_id,4861/ Sheryl

(deactivated member)
on 2/14/08 12:05 pm - Garden Grove, CA
RNY on 08/10/04 with
Hi sheryl, long time no see.....but good to hear from ya! :-) How much time did you have inbetween the tummy and arms? Thanks so much!
lassley_55
on 2/14/08 11:58 am - Anaheim, CA
Hi Kim, Everyone recovers at their own pace.  I had a Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift and was back to work in three weeks and could have gone back in two.  I work in an office enviorment which might be a little different than a teacher so what I would suggest is that if you can take the 6 or 8 weeks to recover do it. Good Luck with all of your consults, you are a smart girl to get several before making your decision.  I am partial I had Dr. Kent and could not be happier with my results.  I had virtually no pain and healed great. When I am ready to have more surgery he will be my choice once again. He's a wonderful surgeron!! Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 2/14/08 12:07 pm - Garden Grove, CA
RNY on 08/10/04 with
Thanks so much for your response. I hear he is great.....right now, I am most interested in hearing what he has to say...he is so close to my home and so many people have been happy. Did you stay overnight in the surgery center? Where does he do his surgeries?  Thanks!!
Sheryl in So Cali
on 2/14/08 12:50 pm - San Clemente, CA
Hi again Kimberly I scheduled my surgeries during slow periods at work.  I thought that I would need too much recovery time to do both at one time but I know better now. Dr Kent does his surgeries at the La Veta Surgical Center right down the street from his office. The recovery retreat is in Costa Mesa and the gals there are great.  They pick you up after surgery, take care of you all night, prepare meals,  and return you to Dr Kent's office the next morning for your follow up and then you go home.  Of course you cannot drive yourself home. Feel free to email me with any questions.  [email protected] Sheryl

Most Active