HELP PLEASE, HOW TO I SIGN UP FOR AN ANGEL?

valjuan16
on 2/15/08 11:51 am - PASADENA, CA
Hello all, I know I haven't posted much...just been lurking in the background and reading.  I got my surgery date today.  Its 03/12/08 and I am feeling a little weird about it.  Happy and scared.  I wanted to know how I could sign up for an angel?  Any words of advise as to what I should be doing until surgery in a couple weeks?  I wish to thank all of those who have answered my questions in the past. 
God is good all the time!!

Gastric Bypass Dr. Troy La Mar  03/12/08
Anchor Cut,  Extended Tummy Tuck  Dr. Pearlman D. Hicks 12/17/10
Starting weight 265, Goal Weight 130, Current Weight 145.
vicki M.
on 2/15/08 10:18 pm - NAS Lemoore, CA
As far as your wanting an Angel....I am sure that if someone from your area sees this post- you may very well get a volunteer!  If I was closer, I would hook ya up! Any advice....well, if you haven't started already- getting out and moving, even if down the block and back will most definetly help you out in the long run.  Also, if you haven't already (if you even have this issue) cutting back on any sodas and caffeine would be helpful.. Don't  just stop cold turkey- but taper off and that way the closer it gets to your surgery date, you can be (hopefully) be off of the stuff altoghter.  Ummm....definetly don't go out and buy a huge tub of protein, because your tastes WILL change after surgery.  There are some good sites that will send you out samples of different proteins that you can try post op and then maybe find something that suits your taste.  Liquid vitamins are something that is good to get set up for for right after your surgery.  Taste like COMPLETE crap (at least the ones that I did), but SOOOOO important to take! Anyway, I hope that helped out some.  I wish you all the luck in your journey and get ready for the ups and downs that come with having WLS.  It is ALL worth it in the end!! Best wishes!
Vicki M Proud NAVY wife and veteran!!!

Optimists are right. So are pessimists. It's up to you to choose which you will be.~~Harvey Mackay

UuUuLaLa
on 2/16/08 5:02 am

i need an angel too i could be your angel i dont know how this works but i will be praying a lot for you on your day my day is only a few days before you but we could keep track of each others progress hugs!

valjuan16
on 2/16/08 8:34 am - PASADENA, CA
Cool, we can support each other via prayers.  I wish you much success as well.  Val

valjuan16
on 2/16/08 8:33 am - PASADENA, CA
Oh thank you so much for your reply.  I am a soda aholic and really need to get off of it.  You have some great suggestions.  I will be making a list of what I need and collecting some of it so I won't have to later.  Thanks again for the suggestions.  Val

Most Active