Good Sunday Morning Cali

Janine J.
on 2/16/08 4:38 pm - The Beautiful Desert, CA
Okay this is new one...it is offically Sunday morning and I have not yet slept yet....you ask why....because my back and siatica is soooooooooooooooooooooo friggin bad!! There ya have it! I think I am going to gobble a bottle of pills here pretty soon....okay only kidding on the pills, but something drastic has to happen here! In spite of all the pain, I had this super great day playing grandma with Ava. I took her to the street fair in Palm Desert and hooked up with my good friend who's grandaughter sells candy...a whole great story I will tell you all about someday! She the grandmother and grandaughter are incrediable people. So Miss Ava and I strolled and hung out. She was a bit fussy until we got it straight with her. I had her out all day....oh yeah I did have baby sunscreen on her and not a slight burn to be seen....got her a cute new outfit....very Coco Channel...you know black and pink....and I bought Mr. Hunter a  very cute pirates shirt. I wish I could have found some short to go with it....but I am resoureful there! Then we went and met her mommy at work....did a little more shopping and I finally brought her home around 5:30. Parents were glad to have the time....and more grateful that they know that will get a good nights sleep! So that was the long and short of my day...what about yours? What are your plans for tomorrow? Well really today....more like when you get up and start to move around! First on the agenda for me if I get some sleep is to have some COFFEE and another morning of Miss Ava...then I hope to get some work done before her great-grandparents come over and her cous and aunties and uncles and all that stuff. Really I need a Janine day...but that is not likely going to happen for a while. Anywho....hope you all have a great day....soak up the wonderful weather we are having again..... PEACE OUT!!!! Biker Babe 

“When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others.” –Peace Pilgrim (1908-1981).

Living Life
on 2/16/08 9:28 pm - Riverside, CA

Good Morning Janine and the rest you wonderful peeps.

Today is work for me. Oh joy! Yap 12 hours of he**. Its really sad, because I really do love my job, but the 12 hours are making me hate it. I really think after we get back from Mexico in April, I am going to truely start looking for a new job. Maybe I will get one that is only monday-friday, with luck. But I really don't mind working the weekends, the bosses are not there. LOL.

I just keep county to the hours in which I get to leave for my cruise. We leave LAX on friday morning (2/29) at 6 am then land in Miami about 3. So we get to spend some time in Miami before boarding the ship on Saturday at 1. That should be fun, not to much time to do much, but it still will be fun. So lets see in 12 days till we take off. OMG!!! that seems so far away, and yet, its just around the corner.

OK time to get me behind in the "water locker" (is that what you call it Janine)

I wish you all a fun, fullfilling day.

With Love

Lu

Jodi W
on 2/16/08 9:38 pm - SIMI VALLEY, CA

Good Morning Janine and Crew  I'm so sorry that your having so much pain today. Sure hope you found something to take that gave you some relief from the pain and you were able to get some good sleep. So glad you had such a wonderful day with Missy Ava. She will be ready for full fledged shopping with the girls very soon.  They grow and learn so fast. Just look out for your Credit cards. My granddaughter at 2 has gone shopping with her Grandfather so much that she understands the credit card bit and it's her job to swipe the card for her Poppy (grandfather) when everything is rung up. She trys to get his credit card and says time to go shopping. She really has it down pat. She also Loves to sit at the computer and pay her bills. She has watched poppy sit there and enter his bills into the computer and now when she is not playing with her toys we will call for her and she will say just a minute I'm paying my bills. Maybe it will instill in her the fact that if you use the credit card you have to pay it too. Have a wonderful sunday everyone. Sincerely Jodi

Hearts JODI    Hearts                 

Kim K.
on 2/16/08 9:41 pm
Oh Janine, I hope your back calms down and you're able to get some rest!  Poor dear.  Well, I have no clue why I'm up so early, the cats weren't even awake yet!  Our plans for the day include making  visit to our lovely zoo down in Balboa Park, wander around, get some exercise and see some animals!  Then, go over to in-laws and show off the new car!  Had no plans for buying one, but glad it worked out that way. It's not new, but new to us, a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica, very pretty and we got a good deal!    And definitely need to do some laundry!  Blech!    Ok, time to watch Fox and Friends and maybe that will put me back to sleep!  LOL  Have a great day everyone and be safe!  Kim

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" 

Jim Elliot

Stacie Z.
on 2/16/08 10:28 pm - Victorville, CA
I hope your back feels better soon Janine.  I know how that feels as I suffer from the same thing too.  Not much on todays schedule.   I need to find a new house and try to fix the washer so I can do some of the never ending laundry.  Other than that, it will just be a quiet day here.
My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return.-- Maya Angelou
MomLid
on 2/16/08 11:06 pm - Corona, CA
OWWW!  That is no fun for sure! Ouch   I hope that you get some rest & feel better soon.  Yesterday was my spa day and it was fabulous!  I had a killer massage and one of the best facials ever!  I was glowing when I left.  I also used a gift card from Coldwater Creek where I was thrilled to buy a jacket that is a Large.  Not XXXl or even XL - I am sooo excited! Today is laundry, grocery shopping & going out to dinner ( a date!)  Holding Hands  Have a great Sunday Cali! Lidia

Check out my Blog!                            http://momlidsmusings.blogspot.com/

taz51501
on 2/16/08 11:31 pm - Central Coast, CA
Oh Janine! I do hope you got some relief from the pain and was able to get some rest. Luckily, I do not suffer with that kind of pain but my DH does. He injured himself about 2.5 years ago and has dealt with nerve pain since. For him it's not so much his actual back that makes him crazy but the nerve pain that goes down his legs. I know what he goes through and I feel for you! Today is a bit of laundry, the usual WallyWorld / grocery store errands then something (not sure what yet) with Sammi before nap. Oh yeah, I knew I was forgetting something, Shellsbells and Chris might be coming up this way today so we are trying to work it out that we can meet for coffee or lunch or something. Then, later this afternoon my In-laws are taking Sammi for the evening and keeping her all the way through tomorrow. This means DH and I get some much needed alone time and I get to sleep in tomorrow! DH works tomorrow too so I get a Sue day! OMG I can't hardly wait. I can't even remember the last time I had one of those.

Keep doing what you're doing, Keep getting what you're getting.

Highest/Surgery/Dr. Goal/Goal/Current
   301        299      180     170     159

MONICA W.
on 2/16/08 11:39 pm - Long Beach, CA
Good Morning Janine and Cali, Sorry about your back been there done that, hope not to go back again.   Yesterday was shopping we went and bought everything Jordyn is going to need and thanks to her grandmother some she didn't but you know how that goes.  Since I probably won't have the house for yet another week, I am going to use having Wesley here to get as packed up as possible and to throw out everything so that there will be very little to do but move when the time comes. Everyone enjoy the day Monica

vicki M.
on 2/17/08 12:21 am - NAS Lemoore, CA
Sorry about your pain Janine.  Literally feel your pain as my back and legs hurt this morning.  Oy...I got my approval letters in the mail yesterday to go see two different neurosurgeons.  Both of them are out of Bakersfield, but one of them comes up to this area.  I am pretty sure that I will meet with both and see what they both have to tell me. Anywho- still doing the pouch test and I am happy to say that the carb monster is at bay.  I havent weighed in this morning yet- but yesterday I was down a total 9 lbs, so that is cool. Ideally, I would like to be down another 10.  The lack of being able to really get out and exercise is probably hindering things a little bit so I have to rely on good eating habits and trying to get out and do a little something.   Not much planned for today.  After surfing a little, I will read the paper and check out the real estate pages.  I can't believe how much houses have dropped around here.  (at least around the Lemoore area).  I am also waiting for my sis and BIL to come back from their weekend away and take over dog duties as well as my kid duty so that I can take a nap.  Weekends are for sleeping in....not getting up at 5am like their dogs do!!! Oh well, I keep telling myself it is only one weekend, no biggie. Here's what Mike sent me.... flowers along with the "Promise" Willow Tree figurine. Have a wonderful Sunday California!!
Vicki M Proud NAVY wife and veteran!!!

Optimists are right. So are pessimists. It's up to you to choose which you will be.~~Harvey Mackay

Anna H.
on 2/17/08 12:50 am - La Puente, CA
Hello Janine Oooooohhh back pain...doesn't sound good    I hope you were able to get some rest. Yesterday's family function was alot of fun...didn't leave till 11pm and even then we left people still at the kitchen table laughing about all the crazy and silly things we did as kids Today Gus and I just plan to hang out and do what ever comes up our way or the normal plan is that we just jump in the car and see where we end up. Happy Blessed Sunday, Anna
Most Active