5 days out ~ 12 lbs down ~ feeling fairly well.

mamaharen
on 2/16/08 10:33 pm - Lemoore, CA
Well, I am now 5 days out and have lost 12 lbs.  Not shabby I must admit!  I am feeling fairly well with the exception of a pain I keep getting in the top portion of my stomach.  I am thinking this is from the hyernia they repaired.  They said it would be much sorer than usual.  So I think I am good.  The first day was rough.  I had the "What the H**L" did I do syndrome, but the next day was over it.  I am now seeing results and feeling better.  I am so happy to know that I have control over my life and over food.  I am on the WINNING side of things for a change.  Odd for me!    I am so excited to start digging thru the boxes of clothing that I have collected for so many years.  Many with tags still attached!  I was going thru some and noticed a bunch of Large sweaters...and OH SO CUTE...but was thinking...I don't think I will ever get to wear them...as by December I should be to my goal weight of 120.  That is soooo bitter sweet! Well, Thanks guys for all the support you have given me.  I couldn't have done this without you all.  You have guided me and prayed for me each step of the way...and DAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE SITTING PRETTY ON THE LOSERS BENCH!!! Cheri
Surgery Date: Feb 12, 2008
PreOp 232 * TL- 83 * Current WT 149

GETTING THIN...N...LOVING LIFE!!! 

taz51501
on 2/16/08 11:47 pm - Central Coast, CA
So glad to hear you are doing well Cheri. 12 pounds in 5 days....WOW Just keep sip sip sipping and walk walk walking. You're gonna do great. Sue

Keep doing what you're doing, Keep getting what you're getting.

Highest/Surgery/Dr. Goal/Goal/Current
   301        299      180     170     159

Jodi W
on 2/17/08 12:01 am - SIMI VALLEY, CA
Cheri Glad to hear that your doing so well on your journey. Sounds like the pain is starting to go away or at least get better then it was. Thank goodness.  As far as being sad about not being able to wear those large sweaters....Don't be sad, there are so many cute things in the smaller sizes also.  Although sometimes some of the bigger sweaters are still fun to wear even if there big in the winter just to wrap up in and keep warm. Continued success on your journey! Have a wonderful day. Sincerely Jodi

Hearts JODI    Hearts                 

Jeni H.
on 2/17/08 12:49 am
That is so Great!!!  You are a winner!  Keep positive, only good things are going to be happening to your body from now on!

Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps if you are unwilling to move your feet. God, Please help me to move my feet!!!

Lisa B
on 2/17/08 2:45 am - Riverside, CA
Cheri, So glad to hear you are doing so well...you have a great attitude and thats half the battle! I always tell pre ops and newly post ops...its the first 2 or 3 weeks that are the absolute toughest...once you get past those...you will be fine and feel all brand new!

BIG Hugs,
Lisa
"When I look good, I feel good....when I feel good, I look even better! "

Diane C.
on 2/17/08 3:13 am - Highland, CA
Good for you.  That is alot of weight for 5 days, and please do not expect that to happen all the time.  You will be on here soon enough complaining about that plateau.  Trust me we all have those.  Remember don't push yourself too much, when your body says you are tired, then rest, when you feel good then do something, just listen to what your body says, it is so important now. Keep up the great work. Diane
Gus H.
on 2/17/08 3:58 am - La Puente, CA
Wow that is so great....Keep up the good work and keep on moving (exercise)!
judyanne
on 2/17/08 7:26 am - Duarte, CA
Way to go, Cheri!  Keep trying on all of those clothes.  I totally missed sizes 16 and 18 and then size 12.  Even when the pounds seem to reach a standstill, the inches still keep coming off.  Keep up the good work.  I look forward to reading more of your journey on your profile. JudyAnne

mexico1007078.jpg image by hockeymom67
JudyAnne  (imethimonacruise)

Janine J.
on 2/17/08 6:16 pm - The Beautiful Desert, CA
Cheri, I am so happy for you!!! You are going to do great!!!! You have to remember that your tool is always going to work if you work it!!! Oh and the clothes....OMG you will surpass all those larges and keep trying things on because what will happen is you think you are that size and you will be smaller than that and get a little pissy that you never got to wear it because you were too SMALL! YAY!!!! Thumbs Up 

“When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others.” –Peace Pilgrim (1908-1981).

April Henderson
on 2/18/08 2:06 pm - Modesto, CA
Cheri,  I am glad to hear you are doing well. I am very excited for you. FYI- I was going to pick you for the SYSK, but unfortunately it looks like it was done for me. Take care and I wish you great health!!! April
Most Active