Help!! I am trying to figure out how to balance everything

Sharon H.
on 2/18/08 7:31 am - Modesto, CA
I am just starting this journey to RNY.  I met with the Surgeon and dietician the other day.  The dietician wants me to stay to 1500 calories, 70 to 80 protein, 133 carbs and 30 fat.  I am spending quite a long time on the computer trying to get a balance.  I am either to high in carbs or to low in calories.  I am feeling overwhelmed.  I want to do this right.  I am hoping to also get ahold of the dietician.  If anyone has any suggestions as to where I can get a simple list of low carb foods, that may help.   Sharon
Jodi W
on 2/18/08 9:08 am - SIMI VALLEY, CA

Hi Sharon Welcome to the best board around. You will find all kinds of support and friendly people knowlegable people here to help you. I never used this page but I have heard of a lot of people using it with great success. Try   www.fitday.com   I know there are other places and i'm sure someone here will jump in and help. Just don't let it overwhelm you. There is a lot of help here to be had. Take care and have a wonderful evening. Sincerely Jodi

Hearts JODI    Hearts                 

Janine J.
on 2/18/08 5:57 pm - The Beautiful Desert, CA
Balance is the optimum word for sure and Jodi gave you the right link as I was going to suggest that also. I am hoping you made a typo error with the 133 carbs a day because that is grossly high in carbs if you are supposed to be at 1500 calories a day. I am trying myself to wrap that around my head because I keep my carb under 50 a day and usually at 40. I am no****ching my caloric intake...just the carbs...so please tell me that it is a typo!!! It is not easy that is for darn sure this journey and if you are pre-op it, it is harder. Try as hard as you can to follow the dieticians advice because you surely will have a jump start on the road to a healthier lifestyle! Make sure you visit that site and if not, write down what you eat in advance...like a meal plan everyday so you can see exactly your intake. Plus it is easier to stick with it if you committ to something and do it on paper or on the fitday thing! Good luck....I wish you nothing but the best!!!! Bounce 

“When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others.” –Peace Pilgrim (1908-1981).

Sharon H.
on 2/19/08 4:35 am - Modesto, CA
Thank you for the website.  I will check it out.  I can't imagine bringing my carbs down more.  What do you eat?  All meat and cheese and fat?  I really am curious.  I can't believe the amount of carbs in fruits and some vegies.  I am trying to find a booklet that has just low carb foods in it.  Maybe that website will help me with that.  I am on Weigh****chers at the moment.  My husband had a doctor appointment and while there I spotted a booklet for diabetics with low carb foods and meals.  I haven't had time to check that out yet.  I have rechecked the counts in the instruction book and this is what it says.  1200 calories per day, Protein is 70-80 grams per day, Carbs 133 grams per day, fat 30 grams per day.  The dietician said that I could go to 1500 calories per day.  She also said to go on vitamin B12, B and calcium.  I appreciate your input.  Thanks!
Sharon H.
on 2/19/08 5:11 am - Modesto, CA
I was looking for a picture of myself to put in the box but surprise, I don't have many.  I will find some.  In the meantime you will just have to deal with seeing my two youngest grandchildren.   By the way, are there any of you my age?  61?

Sharon

Gastric Sleeve on 2-19-13

Most Active