April, tomorrow is your big day!

De Anna
on 2/19/08 11:56 am - Monterey, CA

Hey girl!  This is it, right?  Tomorrow is your big day!  Heck, you probably won't even see this post, because you will probably be in the ladies room all night after drinking the Magnesium Citrate!  Did I ever tell you that I accidentally dropped my bottle of it after I had drank half of it, and had to rush back to the store to buy another before it kicked in?!

So what was the last "normal" thing you ate?  Mine was a Big Mac and French Fries!  And I NEVER get Big Macs!  It just seemed like the ultimate "bad" food!  Ooops, I'm telling on myself that I didn't quite stick to the pre-op protein diet, huh?

I will be praying for you!  Everything will go just fine!  Enjoy that morphine pump! 

DeAnna   

April Henderson
on 2/19/08 12:10 pm - Modesto, CA
Hi Deanna!

Yep, as long as it isn't cancelled, tomorrow is the big day! Not that you want to know, but wireless internet made it possible to see this post even though the wonderful bowel prep has kicked in. You had not told me that story, but WOW! You poor thing! I sure hope everything worked out for you!

My last "normal" food was actually Del Taco. A chicken burrito, chicken soft taco, small fries and a churro. YUMMY!!!

I would very much appreciate any and ALL prayers for me for tomorrow! I haven't been nervous, but the thought that everything I do today could possibly be my "last", is a little wierd. So prayers would be very welcomed! I hope to be posting sooner than I can think. Thank you for your kind words! Can't wait to see you!
Janine J.
on 2/19/08 12:16 pm - The Beautiful Desert, CA
Good luck to you tomorrow April and we will all welcome you to the LoSERS Bench...WOOHOO...another loser on the loose!!!! Bounce 

“When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others.” –Peace Pilgrim (1908-1981).

April Henderson
on 2/19/08 12:25 pm - Modesto, CA
Thank you very much Janine!
Kim K.
on 2/19/08 12:18 pm
Hi April, I remember joking around with the nurse in the pre op "holding area", next thing I knew they were wheeling me into the OR, Dr T's nurse was holding the mask thingy over my face and telling me to breath deep.  I remember thinking, this isn't working, I don't feel whoozy and then I woke up in recovery.  LOL  It was the easiest thing I ever did and I'd do it again in a heartbeat!  I'm 4 months out, and am down a total of almost 90#s since I began this whole deali-oh.  Honestly, the toughest part is the first 2 weeks, when typically all they allow you is clear liquids.  You think you'll lose your mind, but hang in there, your new little tummy is having to heal.  You're gonna be fine!  xo  Kim

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" 

Jim Elliot

April Henderson
on 2/19/08 12:27 pm - Modesto, CA
Thank you very much Kim! I so appreciate the kind words and encouragement!
Lisa B
on 2/19/08 12:21 pm - Riverside, CA
April! Best of luck to you tomorrow! Just think..tomorrow you are going to be a BIG Loser!!! I knwo you are going to do great...the first couple of weeks are the hardest...but after that its all good! Hope you can get some rest tonight! And I am with you...I would have had Del Taco over McDonalds too...yummo! I LOVE their chicken tacos even though my DH says its not "real" chicken...I don't care its yummy! Will be looking on the boards tomorrow to hear the good news that you are outta surgery and doing well!

BIG Hugs,
Lisa
"When I look good, I feel good....when I feel good, I look even better! "

April Henderson
on 2/19/08 12:28 pm - Modesto, CA
Thank you very much Lisa!
Laura A.
on 2/19/08 1:34 pm - Manteca, CA

Best of everything tomorrow, April.  We'll all be waiting patiently to hear that all is well.

You're going to do wonderful......

Laura A.         5'3"  BW299/CW135

April Henderson
on 2/19/08 1:42 pm - Modesto, CA
Thank you so much Laura! I can't wait to see you next time!
Most Active