Well!!

shantele7824
on 4/21/11 12:49 pm - SAN PABLO, CA
Today was my first of 2 pre-op meetings before my surgery and everything went well.  In Feb my surgeon asked me to loss 20 pounds in order to get a date and today when I met with him I lost 30 pounds.  That was great I had no clue because I dont weigh myself and since monday I have lost 7 more pounds.  Ok my surgeon will be using a 36 bogie size on me, which from reading other posts sounds good.  The not so good news I got was they want me to go all liquids until my day of surgery I totally wasn't ready for this and don't know how I feel yet about this news.  Other than that I am ready for MAY 3rd.
First Meeting with Surgeon:2/10/2011  weight was 460
Surgery Date:5/03/2011  Weight was 428
Revsion To RNY 06/26/2012 Weight 

newbarb2
on 4/21/11 1:30 pm
Shantele,

Congrats on your 30 lbs gone forever and your 1st pre-op meeting.  I had to go on an all liquid diet as well and you can do this!  Some helpful hints about the all liquid period is to drink 1 cup of fluid before you have a shake and it will help fill you up.  Also, I strained Progresso soups to get a more flavorful broth as I am not too keen on bullion.  I also got the craving for spicy and went to a chinese restaurant and strained hot and sour soup, and it was really satisfying.  This period is really all about getting the liver smaller so that when they go in to do the RNY they can move it out of the way a little easier.  A little inconvenience but you'll be glad you did this as it will help you rebound from surgery so much better.

You can do this!  We're here for you!   

Hugs,
Barb

bebaugh
on 4/22/11 2:31 am - Merced, CA
You have done so good! When on the liquid diet just remember what you are working for. Barb gave you excellent advice. You can also have sugar free jello on a liquid diet. Good luck and keep us posted!

Bebaugh (Elizabeth)

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." Carl Bard    

msblues
on 4/22/11 6:57 am - Santa Cruz, CA
I can totally understand your disappointment about an all liquid diet until May 3rd. Why do they want you on liquids only for so long? I had a RNY and only had to do clear liquids three days ahead of time. Of course following the doctor's orders is important, but asking questions is important too.

Hang in there with the luquids only. There are a lot of creative things you can do with protein shakes, sugar free syrups and so on. I believe sugar free popcycles are OK too. Strained cream of mushroom, chicken and so soups can be yummy too.

Good luck! Check in with us often for moral support.

MsBlues
kandis74
on 4/22/11 3:38 pm - Bakersfield, CA
Hey Shantele,

I had to endure the dreaded 2 week liquid and it was rough but you will get thru it. I am so happy you are moving along towards your goal!

Kandis

Melody Deutsch
on 4/26/11 4:20 am - CA
  WOW,  Congrats on the loss of 30 pounds, thats great.
                 You will be fine on the clear liquids, if you can lost the
                  wt., you can do this, its not bad.
                 The best to you on your Journey, we will be here for you.
               By the way, how did you lose somuch wt., was just wondering ?   I have to lose 50 lbs., myself before i can get a surgery
date.  Been on 2 protein Powders a day and one low-cal meal, but my
wt., still not moving very good.  Been doing this since March 9th, I try to get other ideas from other members.    Well again congrats !
  Melody

BigCaliSmile
on 4/29/11 6:20 am - La Puente, CA
Wow! youre doing great cant wait to see you post before after photos
Jan in Cali,  5ft  Sw 224                       
Most Active