prayers for 2 friends

anewbecboo
on 5/15/11 3:42 pm - Ellensburg, WA
I know I haven't been here in awhile, but I didn't see anything about this and figured some might want to know...2 of our friends are in great need of prayer. I know these things from Facebook, but wanted to pass it along to our Cali board

Gus Hernandez had a bowel obstruction and almost died, but they brought him back and operated on him. most of his small intestines were removed and I believe they had to reverse his RNY. Please keep him and Anna in your prayers.

Janet Veld (Jandell) found out she has a tumor in her brain and will need surgery. I can't imagine how scary that must be!!! Please pray for her too.

lets get the prayer chain going for our friends!!!

bigg huggs, Becky

Surgery was RNY 5/21/07...I can be found on Facebook: anewbecboo or Becky Reddick 

Ms Shell
on 5/16/11 5:41 am - Hawthorne, CA
Monica P and I stoped in to see him on our way back from Vegas.  He's doing well.

Sorry to hear about Janet.

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Caligirlgina
on 5/16/11 12:22 pm - CA
Oh my goodness! Hope they both get better soon. Hugs, Gina
bebaugh
on 5/16/11 1:10 pm - Merced, CA
Thank you for letting us know. Gus, Anna and Janet you are all in my prayers.

Bebaugh (Elizabeth)

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." Carl Bard    

madame_butterfly
on 5/19/11 2:15 am - Where the Sun Shines, CA
Hi!
Thanks for letting us all know! I haven't been on here in some time. Came by to check on OH Events coming up. Time I come back to OH for a bit. OH is such a wonderful supportive community! The community as a whole was a big part of my success.

I'm glad to see that five years later... everyone is supportive of people's health issues... related or not related to our surgeries. We're all very fortunate to have found each other here.

My prayers go out to Gus and Janet and their families and loved ones.
highest :313 | current :124 | low goal :145 | lowest: 118
crystalLL
on 5/19/11 6:41 am - Hemet, CA
I am sorry to hear this.  They will all be in my thoughts and prayers.  May GOD bless them.  You are a good friend to ask the prayer warriors for help. 

CRYSTAL LL    HW 357 SW 343  GW 175 (almost there)                                  
fannyfarkle
on 12/21/11 5:35 am - CO
Wow...totally cool to c your doing well.  We used to comuncate when I signed up to OH in 2007... for some reason...i guess the holiday season I needed to check back....and you look well.
Prayers to all of those needing help.....prayers for our friends at OH and it's good to know we are maintaining our weight.....
Good and Have a Very Merry Holiday.....Bonnie Gingles
start weight was 280 lbs and now 160 pounds and maintaining.....
RNY bypass  :performed by Dr. Brown....Denver CO

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind, I will live forever. 

Most Active