Internal Hernia

Jackie717
on 8/23/11 7:19 am
Hi Peeps..
It's been awhile.. hope all are doing well.  I was just wondering if any of you have had an internal hernia and had it repaired.  I've been suffering bouts of excrutiating pain that lasts about 5 hours at a time.  I didn't know what it was but when  friend had complications in the hospital with a bowel obstruction, I started to get really worried about what was going on with me.

I was without insurance for a long time until someone here mentioned California PCIP insurance that was such a blessing as I've had insurance since July 1st now and have had many tests.    It appears  I have a regular belly button hernia as well as kidney stones as well as possible Internal hernia.  

On top of that I am dealing with a fibroid the size of a cantalope that will have to come out in a myomectomy open abdominal surgery.

Saw my surgeon at an endoscopy last Friday "Dr. Braverman" nicest surgeon ever!  And he feels there is risk to my possible internal hernia and so I am going back on Sept. 2nd to have the laparoscopic exploratoration for it and other adhesions as well as fixing my belly button hernia.

He says it's an easy thing to recover from and should be good to go in 4 or 5 days.. I am a little leary on this.. but I am hopeful.   As they are scheduling my myomectomy a couple weeks later and then I'll have a 4 - 6 week recovery.

I'm nervous but  trying to stay positive, at least all the tests have come back and now there is a plan.   But I am wondering if any of you have dealt with it and what your experiences have been.    I'm hoping by Christmas I'm going to be recovered from all of this and be feeling wonderful again!!

Hugs!
Jackie
Started Liquid pre-op diet July 2, 2009 / Surgery on July 16th, 2009
Starting weight: 385
Current: 245
First goal: 180

alyzbzee
on 9/5/11 3:12 pm - Lakewood, CA
RNY on 07/14/09 with
 WOW Jackie -  I know you recently had your hernia taken care of and hope  your are feeling much, much better.

Will you be in CA for the myomectomy?  If you are, please let me know and the date you are scheduled for surgery and what hospital.  Also, if there is anything i can do for you if you are at your mother's for re-cooperation please do not hesitate to call me.

Love ya, miss ya and hope you are up and around again quickly.

Annette

Annette 

HW: 324 -  First Consult: 304 - Surgery Date: 293 - Current: 207 - Goal:  165

Most Active