the excess skin

Alaskasnowflake
on 12/30/11 1:20 pm - Juneau, AK
Yes, I have recently found this website, and i would like to know after losing all that weigh, does your skin sag? I know exercise has alot to do with the prodgram, but i am right now 4 people in one body.So do most people get plastic/ some kind of reconstructive surgery?
acbbrown
on 12/30/11 1:37 pm - Granada Hills, CA
Loose, sagging, excess skin is a very common problem. Exercise actually has little to do with the results. It is usually dependent on genetics, and how long you've been over weight. Some "light weights" are lucky and dont need any kind of plastic surgery or reconstructive surgery.

I however, after having lost almost 180 lbs with another 60 to go, will require reconstructive surgery to remove my excess skin. Yes, it bothers me like crazy, but id much rather deal with excess skin than excess fat. At least my skin wont kill me (might drive me to the mental hospital but that's a whole different issue).

Start saving for plastics

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

MacMadame
on 12/30/11 3:14 pm - Northern, CA
Yeah, if exercise had anything to do with it, I'd have the skin of a taut 25 year old! But I don't...

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Jaime C.
on 1/4/12 11:01 pm - Pacific Grove, CA
RNY on 08/03/07 with
Everyone is different. Yes, i have bat wings for days and my stomach can be streched out like elasto girl. I can make shapes with mine. I am at the point in my life where the only time it has bothered me was when wearing jeans. I can wear a size 8 jeans now but because of all the skin it pushes upward. I have learned to deal with it though and don't really beleive in plastics unless it's causing rashes etc. I personally am too scared to go under the knife and my looks aren't as important as being heatlhy for me. I go through phases where i want it but then i think of the recovery time etc. I have 2 kids- one 18 month old and a 13 year old with Epilepsy and i need to be 100% for them. No time to recover from a surgery like that. I have seen MANY people have successful plastic surgeries though and think it really just depends on your body and how you feel inside and what is most important to you. I didn't have WLS to get into a bikini as i never will get into one and i know that. I am not a leg person and very self consious about my legs. I was at 280 pounds and still am at 160. That won't change. Good luck in your journey.
Jaime C.

Lee ~
on 1/6/12 1:13 am - CA
 I exercised 6-7 days a week post op for 22 months.  At 61 my skin showed the damage I had done through yo yo dieting.  I was lucky enough to go to Dr. Sauceda in Mexico last month to have all of my work done.  He specializes in WLS patients and I think he's brilliant!  He's also a third of what Kaiser quoted me with only one recovery instead of four.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Most Active