Iron or Ferrous Sulfate tablets

mommy-mo-mo
on 1/28/12 7:49 am - Lakewood, CA
RNY on 07/31/07 with
Can anyone tell me what brand iron or ferrous sulftate you take.  I had ferrous sulfate 5 g or 325 mg.  I'm having a hard time finding anything in stores. Thank you.

Patty B.
on 1/30/12 5:24 am
I was taking Slow FE  a female iron.  It wasn't working...so I got into contact with Vita Lady on here.  Her name is Michele..apparantly we can't digest iron the normal way...I'm an RN.  You need to read the label also ...you can't take it near other vitamins...It's Carbonyl Iron that we can only digest!    You can't take it near milk or milk products or Calcium.  You also need to take it with something like a piece of orange or banana.  It comes back if you don't.  It does work tho and it makes you feel good.  I got it from Vita lady I bought two bottles and they should last a year at least.  I don't take them every day but then I do eat meat.  Which does help.  I hope this helps you !  Patty

newbarb2
on 2/2/12 11:35 am
I get my Iron at Walmart.  65 mg, 2 bottles for 7.00.  Great price and labs have been spot on perfect.

Hugs,
Barb

anewbecboo
on 2/4/12 8:07 am - Ellensburg, WA
you have mail sweetie

Surgery was RNY 5/21/07...I can be found on Facebook: anewbecboo or Becky Reddick 

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 3/15/12 6:51 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
My daughter's get theirs at Vitamin Shoppe 10.99 325mg just ask what they recommend for women who still have their periods, my girls take 2 a day during TOM it has been the only one that has helped and you don't have to order and wait.

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

MacMadame
on 3/15/12 12:09 pm - Northern, CA
I use either carbonyl or heme iron. We don't have the stomach juices to absorb ferrous sulfate very well so then you have to take a ton and they bind you up. It's wasting your money and I hate wasting money. 

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

edward2237
on 4/13/12 1:39 pm
Remember  you only need iron from50mg to 100mg an more is a danger to you red blood cell an you can ask your doc. this dont  over kill with the iron are b-12  an you can get the iron from walgreen , walmart an also you can get it in liquild  form from  company on web site any vit. called ( Wellesse) an medication you need there is for poeple that cant swallow pills
MacMadame
on 4/15/12 12:30 pm - Northern, CA
How much iron you need and how much is too much is comletely individual. 50-100 mg is what they tell normies. But, if you aren't absorbing the iron out of your food or out of your supplements, then you need more. Some people with RnY and DS, because of having no or little duodenium, take massive amounts of iron and STILL need iron infusions because it's not enough.

Of course, you shouldn't be taking iron willy-nilly just because some else does and the doses they do too. You take it based on your labs, working with your doctor.

Chewable iron is available from many places besides Wellese also. Bariatric Advantage and Celebrate both sell it. So there are plenty of sources for people to try and pick the one that works best for them.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active