being fat is depressing

ednalewis
on 4/9/12 12:25 pm - stockton, CA
its been 3years since I heard of my devastated news that a doctor...Had me go through all the hoops.And said I was not a good candidate for gastric bypass surgery...After I was promised the surgery....After I quit smoking cigarettes for 6 months...Still going Strong for 3years...I've been having some problems with dieting I can't seem to stay on a diet no longer than a week...Maybe because I lose so slow 3lbs a week.....I want to get DS or the Sleeve.....I had gastric stapling in 1979..A doctor who never gave me any instruction's except I can eat what I want. When I go home.....And now here I am....Blacked balled into a deep depressing over my weight...I feel so bad all the time. If there is anyone who has gone through this I need your help very much.

WHAT I NEED MOST IS NEW FRIENDS AND SUPPORT LEFT BEFORE BECAUSE I WAS DENIED GASTRIC BYPASS BUT I;M STILL HOPING AND IS WAITING ON GOD'S APPROVAL

Akaleela
on 4/9/12 2:45 pm - Palmdale, CA
 I can't related but I didn't want to just read and run. Idk what to tell you that I'm sure you alrdy know but I wish you the best of luck and be optimistic, don't give up.
JUSTJUNQUIES
on 4/10/12 9:57 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
Can you find another doc that will work with you to quit smokingor have you quit for 3 years ? and then re-evaluate the surgery issue. I am not sure what can be done after the old stapleing  Did he say why you couldn'y have the surgery??
Wishing you all the best !!

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

songbird177
on 4/10/12 5:36 pm - Carmichael, CA
DS on 12/03/12
I was told I was too high risk so I changed doctors. Just because one says no doesn't mean that's it; you can try another. And don't give up until you find one for you. Perhaps look into a revision surgeon since you've had surgery before. Best of luck!
Deb B.
on 4/20/12 12:37 am - East Bay Area, CA
Your Dr in your signature line is a Kaiser doctor so I'm going to assume you're with Kaiser. There is an appeal process. He may be bound by their policies so don't assume that ALL doctors will give you the same prognosis. Don't give up but there are things you can do for yourself physically. GBS is a drastric procedure as you know, that requires drastric changes to be successful long term. Work on making those changes on the front end with food now in hopes of getting the surgery.
I know it's drepressing.....been there but prior to surgery I had to get into the mindset-whether the surgery would happen or not. I found motivation in music to keep me on task. Some lyrics that kept me doing what I know I had to do are below. I wasn't going to settle anymore & by the time i got to the surgery I was more worried they would cancel my surgery because I had lost so much. You can change your world - don't give up.

I aint settling - Sugarland
I wont post the whole song but i listened to it everyday to motivate me....the stand out words for me were:
"Find what it means to be the girl
Who changed her mind and changed her world
I ain't settling for just getting by
I've had enough so so for the rest of my life
Tired of shooting too low, so raise the bar high
Just enough ain't enough this time
I ain't settling for anything less than everything"

Most Active