I would love someone's help

snowy_mitch
on 4/9/10 4:18 pm - Kempton, IN
Hello! I live in Southern Indiana and could use your help! There is a woman with whom I have been friends with since we both had RNY surgery in 2008. She lives in Colorado Springs and has been having serous health problems since her surgery. She has been hospitalized numerous times since her RNY. We talk almost daily and she says that I am her main form of support, because I know what she is going through. I know she has a computer, but doesn't use it much, because her children and husband use it alot. To make a long story short she has been admitted to the local hospital out there once again and I was wondering if anyone could go to the hospital to check on her for me? I know this is an unsual request but I feel powerless to help her and thought that this little act of kindness might make a difference in her life! So if you are up to doing a random act of kindness for me I would appreciate it! Please contact me through OH or email me at [email protected] and I can let you know her name and room number at the hospital there. Thank you!
Michelle
snowy_mitch
on 4/10/10 11:04 am - Kempton, IN
Hello! I have a update on my friend! She is at Skyridge Hospital and is getting protein through an I V. If anyone can help me out by going to visit her I would appreciate it greatly! If you can't go then please at least pray for her. Her name is Tanya. Thanks for all of your help!
Mishelle R.
on 4/11/10 10:41 am
There is an awesome support group in colorado springs - information is located on www.phlwls.com. Off the website there is contact information to see about getting in touch with the support group in the springs.

Skyridge is in denver - hopefully things will improve for her quickly. I'm guessing she may live in the springs and has her treatment in denver.

HOpefully this can offer some sort of help and support for your friend.

snowy_mitch
on 4/11/10 9:07 pm - Kempton, IN

Thank you for the info! What I was really hopeing for was someone who would love to help me out by going to the hospital and visiting Tanya. I was hopeing this would give her a boost and then maybe she could then go to the support group meetings when is is strong enough to go without falling. I guess this site isn't any better than the Indiana forum. Maybe I should try the RNY site or the main board. Thanks again!

Annie M.
on 4/12/10 9:00 am - Monument, CO
I can't get to Denver til Friday or Saturday at the earliest.
I will pray. Please let me know if she is still in the hospital by Friday/Sat.
I'm sorry you are so far away. The Colorado Springs groups are very
supportive.
Annie
snowy_mitch
on 4/12/10 5:55 pm - Kempton, IN
Annie,
 Thanks for your response! There is a gal by the name of Heather that is in the Springs area that is willing to help her if she is willing to accept it. But I will let you know if she is still in there and you can stop by and see her on Friday if you will. If you will that would be great! I know she will appreciate the prayers too! She is so weak that I can barely hear her on the phone sometimes. She started out over 300 lbs and is now down to 140. I know that is not too bad but she says she only eats every few days which isn't good. Thank you for offering to go on Friday! I will let you know on here if she is still there. Look for it on Friday morning early or late Thursday night. THANKS!
Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
Denver Metro Area?
3LittleMonkeys · 0 replies · 4641 views
Thoughts on Dr. Long in Parker?
WitchySar · 1 replies · 5656 views
Anyone in Colorado Springs?
JayBay · 1 replies · 5887 views