Looking for a specific WLS who performs BPD (biliopancreatic diversion)

Susan S.
on 9/15/03 7:55 am - Wichita, KS
I had the old version--Mason gastric bypass and need to find someone who will do "revisions." Mason gastric bypass is similar to the RNY, but I understand the RNY has been "refined" so as not to stretch out at the reconnect site. Anyway, I AM thinking that to be even more successful I would have done the BPD surgery, but need to find surgeons who perform this. I live in Kansas and there is 1 here, but want to look at other options. Does anyone know or had this done by a surgeon they can recommend? Thanks, Susan S.
Dionne P.
on 9/18/03 4:49 am - Fort Collins, CO
Hi Susan! I live in Fort Collins Colorado, and I believe that Dr. Merlin Otteman at Northern Colorado Surgical does revisions, although I dont know if involves the "BPD". It couldnt hurt to ask, though! The office staff there are wonderful and Im sure they could answer your questions. Their number is: 970-482-6456. By the way, I was born and raised in Wichita and Im leaving to come back there today for a visit! Good Luck! Dionne Phillips Lap RNY July 22, 2003 315/275/160
laurmom
on 9/24/03 3:13 am - CASTLE Rock, CO
Hi Susan, I have had the DS also known as the BPD. There are no surgeons here in Colorado who perform this surgery, I went to California to have mine. HOWEVER... my surgeon, the AMAZING Dr. Gary Anthone, is moving to NE and will be doing the surgery there. I HIGHLY recommend not only the surgery, but Dr. Anthone. It IS possible to have surgery away from home. It requires some commitment on your part for sure, and it is a bit of a hardship, but it can be done. Dr. A also does revisions. Best to you, and if I can answer any questions you might have please email me at [email protected]
Most Active
Recent Topics
Denver Metro Area?
3LittleMonkeys · 0 replies · 4641 views
Thoughts on Dr. Long in Parker?
WitchySar · 1 replies · 5655 views
Anyone in Colorado Springs?
JayBay · 1 replies · 5887 views