Recent Posts

ScramblesMcGee
on 3/1/14 2:27 pm
Topic: RE: WLS doctor/ hospital

Nope, haven't heard of this Doc.  Have you also posted on the main board about the doc?  So many folks go on the main sites but not so much on the state sites.

Just a thought. 

sarah D.
on 2/25/14 3:53 am - CO
RNY on 03/24/14
Topic: WLS doctor/ hospital

Has anyone had or is having Dr. Farah Husain? Has anyone had WLS at Exempla St. joseph Hospital? if so any feed back would be great.

sarah

Kim Gyurina, OH Staff
on 2/18/14 2:37 am
DS on 09/27/23
Topic: Announcing: ObesityHelp Conference 2014

You've contacted us since the 2013 Conference so here is the 4-1-1:  We are excited to announce the details for the ObesityHelp Conference 2014. 

The conference for this year will be held in Los Angeles, California on August 15-16, 2014.

To sign up for the latest updates and other details, check our OH Blog.

Please join us for the fun, education, information and vendor samples.

Kim Gyurina, Event Manager

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/14 10:25 am
VSG on 01/27/14
Topic: RE: Reaching out to Colorado Members

Sorry I didn't respond sooner - just found the CO forum.  I had my sleeve done 1/27/14, already down 25 pounds (including pre-op).  I have been extraordinarily blessed thus far - no nausea, no pain meds needed, no adverse reactions at all, except discovered that no egg whites  make me feel very ill !  Last couple of days have felt a bit under the weather, and just started soft foods a couple of days ago, so not sure if that has something to do with it.

Hope to get to know everyone!

rubens42
on 1/9/14 6:01 pm - Parker , CO
Topic: RE: Lets do a recall

Thank you Carla for chiming in :) I have gained back 20 pounds but believe it is from my thyroid. I have not took the time to get tested but hoping to do that soon :) 

I am wondering if you had yours biopsied before your thyroid surgery or before they found the cancer? Mine was biopsied because of a really big nodule that deviates my esophagus. The test came back no cancer. 

staceyp1105
on 1/9/14 10:50 am - Arvada, CO
VSG on 12/18/13
carlak
on 1/9/14 10:32 am - Bradenton, FL
Topic: RE: Surgeon Recommendation

Dr Tillquist hands down!!!!!

image hosting site

carlak
on 1/9/14 10:30 am - Bradenton, FL
Topic: RE: Lets do a recall

Myame is Carla and I live in Bradenton Florida but lived in Centennial for 24 years. I had  in my surgery in 2002.

image hosting site

carlak
on 1/9/14 10:28 am - Bradenton, FL

I am one of Dr Tillquist pts. I had RNY in 2002. I have taken off 150 pounds and not had a regain. Got to love him!!!!!

Carla Klein

image hosting site

staceyp1105
on 1/9/14 9:24 am - Arvada, CO
VSG on 12/18/13
I am doing well.  Just had my 3 week post op today.  Just got cleared for soft foods...SO excited.   I have been fortunate to handle all food and drink well but after 2 weeks on a select diet of about 5 foods after 2 weeks of liquids I am ready to try new foods   I am down about 27lbs.  Started a little bit of exercise this past week but taking it slow as I have one incision docs office is watching.   Freezing all the time...   Looks like you are re-connecting...I would say congrats on maintaining your weight loss for 6 years within 15 lbs or so.  Even though the slight gain might be troublesome or frustrating to you I suspect you have kept off a large majority of your loss.   not to mention trying to reverse the slight gain while it's still manageable.   best of luck and keep in touch          
Most Active
Recent Topics
Denver Metro Area?
3LittleMonkeys · 0 replies · 4636 views
Thoughts on Dr. Long in Parker?
WitchySar · 1 replies · 5645 views
Anyone in Colorado Springs?
JayBay · 1 replies · 5881 views