Memory Loss and fear!

tltompkins
on 1/8/09 11:42 pm - Woodbridge, VA
RNY on 12/19/06 with
I've been having memory loss. There are soo many days that I have no recolection of.  I can't focus and its hard to retain information.  There is so much going on.  I need to go to the doctor but am afraid to hear the truth.....fear!!!!!!!!!!!
MotherX2CntrvlleVA
on 1/12/09 11:26 am - VA
RNY on 06/13/11 with
Hello,

You need to call Dr. Mo.  He will talk to you and make sure you are fine. It is probably something simple like your red blood cells are low or you can be under alot of stress. But you really need to address the issue and get it resolved.  Stay possitive and I wish you all the Best.

Let me know what Dr. Mo says.

Regards,

Rita
(deactivated member)
on 3/19/09 1:01 pm
 I haven't had gastric surgery (yet) but I did have a similar, scary experience last year.  I essentially lost my short term memory. It felt like and fit the description of Alzheimers or a tumor or something. I went to a neurologist and they sent me next day to get an EEG and later a brain scan to look for shrinkage/dementia !!!! I am in my 40s with young children!!
Well, it turned out it was one of the drugs I was on (lamictal) which has this as an infrequent side effect, usually not that severe. I went off of it under the Neurologist's instructions and poof I was better. It was a scary, scary time.
I suggest you get yourself to a neurologist and tell them your symptoms. Only she knew about the side effect of this drug ---my gp, who is excellent, did not.  Pursue it because you probably have an easy answer without dire consequences involved!
Good luck!
Hugs
Jen
Most Active