Protein malabsorption

Kilaani
on 5/18/12 3:06 pm - Las Vegas, NV
 Holy cow! 25cm common channel? I thought mine was pretty short at 65cm ...... I sure don't have to eat that much. That it pretty awful. I hope you can get the help you need!

Jill - revision - band to DS 3/10/05 Dr. Baltasar, Spain
440/140/149  hw/cw/gw - 5'5" -300lbs -- bmi 73.2 to 24.8 :) GOAL MET 10/26/10!!.... Even made 140 September 2012. Been ranging 4-6lbs from 144-146 since then. Back to 140 December 2012, hoping to see it again after I feel better and start working out. 

J G.
on 5/18/12 4:08 pm
Sorry you are going thru this...25 does seem really short.  Is the odor just from gas or is it coming from elsewhere on your body?
My_Time
on 5/19/12 2:57 am - Bangor, ME
I'm told it eminates from my body and I have tested and eliminated ketosis.  My proteins and carbs are pretty well balance most of the time.  I have to think it is the short bowl issue but wondered if anyone else has had the problem as well.  I actually have to go home from work when it presents itself.
Thanks for your response.

MajorMom
on 5/19/12 4:38 am - VA
There was someone on the DS board a couple of years ago that talked about having an odor coming from her body. She had a revision of her intestinal limb lengths and it has apparently fixed the issue. She really went through it too. I want to say Dr Keshesian, or one of the California surgeons, was her revision surgeon.

I'll see if I can find her posts and link you back to them.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

My_Time
on 5/19/12 4:46 am - Bangor, ME
Oh thank you so much, that would help alot.

Carolyn

teachmid
on 5/19/12 7:27 am - OKC, OK
I remember that person and her issue but not her name. She went to Dr. Keshishian.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

JazzyOne9254
on 5/19/12 2:12 am

Most DSer's are infamous for wall paint-peeling farts and BM odor, regardless of common channel length. 

Many have gone gluten-fee and swear that helps.  I just avoid simple carbs and simple sugars.

Is this a body odor you're referring to, due to deficiencies, or bowel odor?  If it's the latter, that's part of the package with a DS.

Make Devrom your best friend - it's an internal deodorant that was originally developed for ostomy patients, but it works to take the stink out for us. www.parthenon.com is the company link.  They come in chewables and capsules.  My personal preference is the capsules, because the xylitol in the chewables makes me gag!

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

My_Time
on 5/19/12 3:10 am - Bangor, ME
I will order it ASAP, thanks so much for the recommendation!
Carolyn

teachmid
on 5/19/12 4:16 am - OKC, OK
I'm not familiar with the protein shots that you're drinking so I looked them up. It's collagen protein which is very poor protein source for us. You need whey protein. Vitalady, Michelle, reviews the different protein courses .

Right now I take 50,00o vit A and 100,000 vit D a day. I also have two protein shakes a day....each being around 35 grams of protein, early out I was doing 3-4 a day.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

My_Time
on 5/19/12 4:23 am - Bangor, ME
OK, I was afraid of that though not knowledgeable enough to determin that.  The other protein source I have used and have available currently is Unjury.  I know that should be a good source, right? 
What did you say (if you did) your channel measures?  Can you give me an idea of one day of food intake for you?  In orther words, what do you usually eat each day?

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 988 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1173 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 454 views