Single Anastomosis Duodeno-ileal Bypass

SWEETMEL7
on 8/22/14 8:21 pm - NY

I had this procedure on 12/3/2013 and it has worked well for me so far. The day of.surgery I was 254 and now I am 123. I had to.go.several weeks ago to see the nutritionist and surgeon inorder to stop.loosing weight.

newlifetax
on 8/23/14 2:59 am
DS on 10/27/14

Thanks for sharing.  I hope I experience that kind of success.

Valerie G.
on 8/24/14 12:41 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I'm glad one of the SADI-S patients had the balls to speak up.  It sounds like you've had great success!

If there's enough of you, perhaps its time to form your own group out here, or at least one of you get a FB page up.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

drungson
on 8/25/14 7:08 am
More than experimental in my opinion,  it is a procedure that is being analyzed for long term results.  Single Anastomosis patients I have treated have had similar weight loss results as the traditional DS, malabsorption is very similar too. The reasons for recommending a SADI-s procedure over a traditional DS are, easier surgical technique which in very high BMI patients is  sometimes necessary, potentially less risk of leaks having one anastomosis vs two and  less risk of a future  internal hernia when compared to a traditional DS ( due to the RnY in the DS).  There is no more data to share on the SADI-s but  results so far are good and expectations are good too.     However the DS is a procedure that has been around for 25 years and over the years it has been perfected to be what it is now and yield the results it does now.    Dr. Ungson

http://www.obesityhelp.com/profiles/bariatric-surgeon/dr-gilberto-ungson/overview

newlifetax
on 8/25/14 10:17 am
DS on 10/27/14

Thank you Dr Ungson.  I value your opinion and appreciate that you have contributed meaningful comments on this procedure.  

SWEETMEL7
on 10/10/14 11:11 am - NY

Just mention Dr Roslin felt with a smaller stomach and 125/150 common channel would assist in maintaining weight. The length of common channel would depend upon the weight you are at surgery.. 

chimeraboo
on 9/23/14 11:49 am - Raleigh, NC
Revision on 10/10/14

I have Dr. Enochs too. Today he recommended the SADI to me in lieu of the RnY.  I said yes and am scheduled for Oct 10th.  Since it's all new to me I want to make sure I am making the right decision.  There are a lot of naysayers, maybe because it's new, maybe because a lot of DSers are hardcore about their procedure, but I personally am looking for facts only. I want to know how the weight loss is and firsthand experiences with this surgery.  I am especially cautious because I failed with the band and this would be a revision for me.  If you find any new info, please share.

chevtow41
on 9/23/14 1:38 pm
DS on 11/11/14

Let's be honest, many people still consider DS "extreme". If you've researched it and are comfortable with the risks and "newness ", I say more power to you. Everything is new and different until enough people try it. Just please  keep us apprised of your progress so maybe the next guy or gal doesn't have to look so hard for answers. Good luck !

SWEETMEL7
on 9/25/14 8:21 pm - NY

My surgeon strongly recommended this procedure vs the traditional DS and im glad I followed his recommendation because I had to meet with him a couple of weeks ago inorder to stop loosing weight which I have. I went from 268 to 120. I have never been a 120. I have been At 160. The procedure worked for me.  

Star0210
on 11/17/14 1:20 am
DS on 11/28/14

I think it's time for OH to create a forum for the Sadi-s. Perhaps that would draw more people who have had it here. I found a FB page for the Sadi but it's not in English! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 983 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1170 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 446 views