Latest Labs, Albumin dropped a tad again

Jen B.
on 12/1/15 5:47 pm - Olathe, KS

Interesting info, thank you! All I can do is try some different amounts, etc and see if something works. I had not heard that carb theory before. I'm sure I get enough with the fruit and veggies I add to my protein smoothies. I don't get a lot of bread type carbs though.

PeteA
on 12/1/15 6:40 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I'm not sure I would be worried about a drop from 3.6 to 3.5. Well within the margin of error at the same lab let alone from different labs.

Have you had your protein and albumin much higher in past labs? I sometimes wonder if some people just have a different base line than others although I am surprised that with that much of an increase in protein you didn't at least see some of a swing up. Maybe more variety?

Pete

Jen B.
on 12/1/15 6:01 pm - Olathe, KS

My albumin has dropped. In May 2014 it was 4.3 but it was a different lab and different range (3.4-5) vs my current. The lowest it ever was before I changed labs was 4. 6 months later at the new lab it was down to 3.7. This is the stuff I can drive myself crazy with. My total protein has not changed much over the years before my DS it was 6.3 and has never gone higher than 6.8. I would feel a lot better if I could get my albumin up to 4.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 461 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 895 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 2 replies · 301 views