Looking for support groups in Jacksonville area

NicoleLynn2
on 5/24/14 6:22 pm - Orange Park, FL

I recently moved to the Jacksonville area from Minnesota where I had my RNY surgery done 6 1/2 years ago and am looking for a support group down here.  I would like to find a support group in order to keep myself on track and also to offer help and support to others on their journey.  If anyone knows of any support groups in the Jacksonville area please let me know!  

Thanks!

Nicole

Highest weight: 289

Lowest weight: 131

Current weight: 131!!!!!!!

Just looking for a way to have plastic surgery now.

When the world says, "Give up,"Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
~Author Unknown

Edi P.
on 6/3/14 10:45 am - Zellwood, FL

Hi Nicole,  I noticed we had the same surgeon, then realized...we both went to the PNC support group in MN!! Welcome to Florida.  I'm down near Orlando.  I left Minnesota last October.  So far, I'm loving the heat!  I wish you luck finding a support group in your area, it's so important for staying on track and not revisiting old bad habits.   I was lucky to catch a post a week or so ago and will be attending sessions not to far from me.  My Surgiversary is Friday, and I've gained back 31% of my total loss.  I'm retired now and hope to start back on a healthier lifestyle.  Again, welcome to Florida and best wishes on your journey.

Edi

Highest:  349
Lowest:  175
Surgeon's Goal:  189
My Goal:  A healtier happier me!! 

2014 update...regained but haven't lost faith.

NicoleLynn2
on 6/4/14 12:02 pm - Orange Park, FL

Edi!!!!  I remember you from support groups and coffee gatherings up in Minnesota, it is so funny that we should both end up down here in Florida!  I am enjoying the heat rather than the cold, but am disappointed that I had to take my workout inside for the summer due to the heat.  So, I am getting a gym membership and hitting the eliptical machines since I hate running on treadmills!  I have found a couple of groups in the "groups" section of the website and think I might check them out sometime soon.  

I have made my weightloss journey twice the first time right after surgery and then I gained back probably 80% of the weight and had to lose it all over again, but I have and this time I worked out even harder so I have more muscle and have lost more weight and am the smallest I can ever remember being...I am wearing a size 4 pants and need a belt as they stretch throughout the day!  I am working very hard to try and get financing for plastic surgery, which I so desperately want and need.  I had a consultation with an amazing surgeon a month ago, but trying to get funding is a nightmare. 

Well, I hope all is well with you and I wish  you luck as you work to get healthy again...just remember to go back to the basics.

Nicole

Highest weight: 289

Lowest weight: 131

Current weight: 131!!!!!!!

Just looking for a way to have plastic surgery now.

When the world says, "Give up,"Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
~Author Unknown

CCWMS98
on 12/3/14 5:51 am - Jacksonville, FL

Nicole,

If you haven't found a WLS Support group here in Jacksonville I belong to one that I feel is fantastic and very helpful in keeping me on track.  If you're on FB, FR Jody Young here in Jax.  She helps run the Jax Support Group 2x's a month at New Life Surgical Associates, 8825 Perimeter Park Blvd.  The number there is 904-399-4004 and they could tell you when the next time Jody is having an event.

Welcome to Jacksonville!

Caralyn Williams, 904-607-2818

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 311 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1359 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1356 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1498 views