Acne! Argh!!!

sassyjonz
on 4/11/11 3:45 am - Atlanta, GA

Does anyone have a dermatologist in the Atlanta area they can recommend?  Familiarity with WLS patients would be a plus as I seriously think this is related to my DS as I have never had acne like this in my entire life.

I have been dealing with this annoying acne on my jawline for the last several months.  I understand it is fairly common with DSers and I have tried the vitamin remedies with no luck. And it doesn't seem to be a hormone issue either.  I need to seek the advice of a dermatologist now.

Has anyone gone through this and have any advice to offer?

Thanks,
Lia

Starting weight & height: 265/5' 8.5; Goal weight: 160; Current weight: 155

LaShelle2
on 4/11/11 5:36 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
I went through the same thing. Seems as if it started about 9 mos to a year out.  Good news is it has cleared up.  I just started using an OTC acne wash and  it seemed to go away pretty quickly.

I do hear a lot of other DSers complaining about this too.  Mine were the tiny rash like pimples with white spots.  Is it possible we malabsorb fat through our skin??? 

It was really weird battling acne at 35. I never would have imagined!

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

dtabor5
on 4/11/11 7:26 am
Hey Girlie!!!! i get it everyonce in a while and i just use face cleanser and scrubbs.... i know at our age WTH zits? seriously? how are you doing? I am fine just getting along

Denise T.
My Angel is MAJORMOM!!!

MY DS!!!!
I see stupid people everywhere!!!

sassyjonz
on 4/11/11 9:52 am - Atlanta, GA
I know right?  Thanks girls. Mine seem to be the tiny rash ones and the deep ulcers too.  I have had them for the last 3 or 4 months and I am losing my mind.

Everything else is awesome except for this horrible acne.  My face is a mess!  I'll try a new wash and see if that helps.

Fascinated One
on 4/11/11 11:58 pm - Atlanta, GA
Hey Lia,

I went through the acne phase, too. Mine was fairly early out, though, from months two to five. I asked Dr. Houston about it on one of my visits and he'd never heard of such, but I know people on here have had it. I normally use Oil of Olay cleansers, and added Sea Breeze during the breakout. Then after running its course, it just spontaneously went away.

How have you been? I was just thinking about you over the weekend.

Rolanda
START 318 | CW 179 | GW 165 | --- Updated Feb 3, 2012 (-139) 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have you researched all of your options?
Duodenal Switch--Check it out at 
DSFacts.com and www.duodenalswitch.com/
sassyjonz
on 4/12/11 8:47 am - Atlanta, GA
Thanks for the advice Rolanda.  This is just particularly bad acne and I don't think OTC cleansers are going to take care of it.   It has already lasted longer than a couple of months.  It's really horrible and I'm a "picker" so I have scarred myself up something horrible.

Anyway, I'm great other than this little problem.  How are you and the hubby? We should get together.

Lia

Fascinated One
on 4/12/11 3:05 pm - Atlanta, GA
Oh my face was awful. The pimples were red, raised and puffy, and there was no clear spot on my face. I hadn't had a breakout that bad in over 20 years. I didn't pick at them, so maybe that helped. And I was washing oil off my face every few hours. I hope you find some relief soon.

Art and I are doing great. We missed you at the last meet and greet, but will definitely have to get together soon.

Rolanda
START 318 | CW 179 | GW 165 | --- Updated Feb 3, 2012 (-139) 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have you researched all of your options?
Duodenal Switch--Check it out at 
DSFacts.com and www.duodenalswitch.com/
DeniseATL
on 4/12/11 11:07 am - Atlanta, GA
Sorry I am so late on this one.  I had a problem with acne as well.  I went to a dermatologist in Dunwoody.  He gave me Doxyl a mild antibiotic, bleaching  creme for the scars and a moisturizer (super expensive).  It all worked really well.  I will get his information if you want it.  He was referred to me by Cigna.

sassyjonz
on 4/12/11 12:10 pm - Atlanta, GA
Yes Denise! Thanks, I would love his name and info.

birthdaygirl
on 5/2/11 8:30 am - Lithonia, GA
On April 12, 2011 at 6:07 PM Pacific Time, DeniseATL wrote:
Sorry I am so late on this one.  I had a problem with acne as well.  I went to a dermatologist in Dunwoody.  He gave me Doxyl a mild antibiotic, bleaching  creme for the scars and a moisturizer (super expensive).  It all worked really well.  I will get his information if you want it.  He was referred to me by Cigna.
Hey Denise could you pm the dermatologist info also...I developed bad acne post-op...last year in April and I have tried everything OTC.....I am scarring badly and my b-day is July 1st and I wanted my skin to be pretty for my 40th!

I had RNY in 08 and have the same problem!

HW/293....SW/276....PSW/168....CW/148...GW/150  
Most Active