Atl area Plastic Surgeon Recommendations

Rides4me
on 5/1/12 6:52 am - Atlanta, GA
I know there is a board, but wanted local referrals.  I had my RNY by Dr. Johnson at Emory Johns Creek.  That office referred me to Luna Plastics.  Anyone heard of them or can refer to another who perhaps has history getting RNY patients insured and more importantly has great experience with extra skin?  Panni and Arms are just getting too troublesome.

SW 301/CW 205/GW 150 
gallbladder removal and hernia repair 6/3/2011
walterswife
on 5/5/12 3:34 am
I would recommend Joseph Woods, M.D.  He is chief of plastics at Piedmont and also operates at DeKalb Medical Center.  He is a verygifted plastic surgeon.  I have not had post op plastics but he did all of my breast reconstruction following cancer.  His number is 404-292-4223.  Very skilled, kind, patient and a credit to the medical profession.

Usually the only post WLS the companies will pay for is removal of the pannus and breast reduction.  The chances of getting approved for anything else are slim.  I think the arms run in the neighborhood of $6-7k.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

progers37
on 5/18/12 10:18 am - Eastman, GA
Dr. Hart did my tummy tuck a year after I had my RNY,then when it came time to have my legs done he referred me to Luna Plastic Surgery.. Dr. Yugeros, I really liked her. She did some smart lipo on my thighs a little over a year ago.. I was very pleased with her and will be using her again to have the thigh lift done. If you have not seen a plastic surgeon it would be worth meeting with her and seeing what she can do for you. Good luck with your journey!

Patrice
Most Active