It's my six month Band-aversary!

Nicole K.
on 7/21/09 11:18 am - Kailua Kona, HI
 Yippee!  Six months ago today I was banded.  I was a size 22-24, weighed 249 pounds and had sleep apnea, asthma, joint pain and major depression.  I couldn't exercise because of bad knees and compartment syndrome in my calves.  I couldn't keep up with my kids and every day I felt like a failure.

Fast foward to today:  I wear a size 12-14 and weigh 183.  I've lost over 60" off my body!  I no longer have sleep apnea, asthma or joint pain and no longer take meds for depression.  I exercise three times a week on purpose, but more importantly I can move all day everyday and do whatever the kids want me to do... hiking, snorkling, shopping, tennis, you name it!  

Even though this last month has been tough (I've been stalled since early June and have had major constipation issues which led to other problems which is TMI to post here), I'm a Winner and would do it again in a heartbeat!  I have my life back and look forward to loosing the rest of my excess weight (another 40 pounds or so) within the next six months!

To anyone considering this surgery... do it!  I've never been happier!  To all who have had WLS and have offered their support to me along the way -- I THANK YOU!  What a special group of people here on our little Hawaii board.  I'm honored to be sitting on the loosers bench with you!

lashes
on 7/21/09 12:10 pm
Hi Nicole, my name is Lynette and I am very new to this site. I'm also not in Hawaii, I'm in South Dakota.    I actually just got registered and have been going here daily to look at it.  I had lapband done on July 8th and this website is so inspiring to me.  I heard so many stories about the surgery I had that I was kind of hesitant to have it, 

Once I started reading here it just gave me so much confidence.  I know I can truly do this now!!!
I just want to say congratulations on your success and I hope to have the same!!!

Thanks for the inspiring message,  Lynette
Barb H.
on 7/21/09 4:44 pm - Kailua-Kona, HI
Revision on 01/25/12
 Hi Lynette,

I'm with you.  Nicole was a huge source of inspiration and information for me from the beginning.  She and I are both from the Big Island and I reached out to her because she went to the same surgeon and had the same surgery type I had.  I've found it to be so important to have support from peers to help me be successful.  This board has been so helpful and validating.

Congratulations of your new journey!  

Aloha,
Barb
Lap band 03/09; revised to RNY 01/12
Read about my journey at www.journeyofafatwoman.wordpress.com

pinkshrimp
on 7/21/09 7:44 pm - HI
Hi Nicole!
You are awesome and have worked your LapBand amazing!!  Kudos to you!  I am so happy for you AND your family because not only are you a happier person, I'm sure your family is super happy to have their fun, more outgoing mom in their life!!  Congrats on all your success and I'm sure you'll get those last 40lbs off in no time!!!
~viki

Highest/Surgery Day/Current/Goal
315 300 /  159.8/ 160

Makena
on 7/21/09 7:46 pm - Kihei, HI
Aloha Nicole!
Congratulations and continued success! ((hugs))
A hui hou!
Sometimes losing is really winning
I feel like Alice.... I'm in Onderland! 7-18-08

HIgurl
on 7/22/09 2:27 am
congrats...i am very happy and proud of you..good job!
brinn71
on 7/22/09 2:14 pm - HI
You look great and have done such a fabulous job. Congrats and I wish you continued success!

Ole
Nicole K.
on 7/23/09 5:56 am - Kailua Kona, HI
 Thanks everyone!  As an added bonus to my awesome week, the scale FINALLY moved again after 6 weeks of a stall!  Whoo hoo!

Sara10
on 9/15/09 8:56 am
Congrads!!!   I am down about 50 lbs since surgery and have been having stalls myslelf.  Keep up the good work.  Sara
Most Active