Onederland and new dress.

brinn71
on 8/4/09 12:59 pm - HI
 For the first time in over 20 years I weigh less than 200lbs. I don't know quite what to do with myself! I went shopping with a friend on Saturday and she helped me pick out this dress. (pic in profile page, work computer won't let me copy it here) She said I owe to myself to celebrate. So I bought the dress even though I was not sure that I could pull it off.  Now seeing pic I am glad I bought and glad that I stepped out of my comfort zone. So question to everybody, what have you bought or wore post op that you might have never worn pre-op?
pinkshrimp
on 8/5/09 8:59 am - HI
Hi Ole!!  You look so beautiful in your dress!  Loving the boots too!!  I am so proud of you!
For me, there really isn't anything yet that I wear post op that is any different but, I do feel more
feminine and actually WANT to wear a dress. :)
Hope to see you on Saturday!!

Highest/Surgery Day/Current/Goal
315 300 /  159.8/ 160

brinn71
on 8/5/09 1:49 pm - HI
Hi Viki,

Thanks for the kind words! I do notice that I feel more feminine and that I actually want to wear more feminine clothes. It feels like my head is finally catching up a little because for a awhile there I was living in oversized t-shirts, hoodies, and jeans.

I'll see you Saturday!
Makena
on 8/5/09 7:59 pm - Kihei, HI
Aloha!

It's fun being a girly-girl again, isn't it??!! I love "real jeans," skirts and flattering tops, but my ultimate apparel that I would never wear prior to weight loss are sleeve-less things... tops or dresses. While I still don't "love" my arms, I let the sun shine on them again and I'm not embarrassed to let them show!

And, oh! What about the sexy undergarments?! Instead of the industrial strength bras, I love the lacy, fancy, life-is-beautiful bras and undies again!
Sometimes losing is really winning
I feel like Alice.... I'm in Onderland! 7-18-08

Amy I.
on 8/6/09 8:29 am
I just wanted to offer my congratulations!! I'm so happy you treated yourself because that's a great accomplishment!

- Amy Ingols, RD

Amy Ingols, Registered Dietitian

Laparoscopic Associates of San Francisco

Lois G.
on 8/6/09 9:11 am - Ashland, PA
You look wonderful....................................Lois
Most Active