4 month update

nala1213
on 9/11/09 6:11 pm
Havent been on in a while, but heres an update, Hope everyone is doing good. Well September 4th made 4 months and my weight loss is at 78 pounds, i feel so good right now. At surgery i was wearing a size 46 pants and 3 weeks ago i purchased and now wear is 38. Havent been a 38 in forever. I really need to continue my working out and i need work on slowing down when im eating. Im so used to eating fast and that i got to remeber to chew chew chew. I know this surgery is just a tool and i still need to watch my diet and get my exercise a friend had the sugery done several years ago, and has almost gaind back the weight, made me remeber how much this surgery is just a tool, in the tool box of weight loss and dieting.

In August I lost a really good friend that ive known for over 20 years, he was a brother to me an angel among us. He went into to have RNY and had some complications and passed away. I miss him and love him very very much. But even with his lost i still would recommend the surgery to anyone.

My goal, is to drop another 22 pounds, but let me say i feel the best ive felt in years, i can walk now without sore knees and i can breath after going up a flight of stairs. And it feels good when people notice the change. To everyone on here keep up the good work and be safe out there.
pinkshrimp
on 9/14/09 5:11 pm - HI
How fast time goes by!!  I'm glad to hear things are going so well and congratulations on the weight loss!! 

I can totally relate to the fast eating.  I'm already 8months out and could never master that one...lol  I still eat too fast.  I've also noticed at this far out, how easy it is to gain the weight back.  I can eat anything and not get sick.  I can also eat a lot more than I could early out so yes, this is a tool and if we're not careful, the weight can and will come back.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend.  Unfortunately that is a risk we all face going into surgery.   I pray his family can understand the reasons we all take that risk.

22 lbs is so obtainable and I'm sure we'll hear from you again soon when you make your goal!!  Congrats!!

Highest/Surgery Day/Current/Goal
315 300 /  159.8/ 160

Most Active