Where do you work?

oktobejenn
on 1/31/04 1:08 pm - Star, ID
Hi all. I am once again on a journey to get WLS. I appreciate this site and all the valuable information on here. My question is this? I know that specific insurance companies are listed and if they pay for the surgery or not- which is very helpful... but I am wondering if any of you would be willing to say where you work. My current employer's insurance carrier does not cover the surgery- I really want WLS and I am thinking of changing jobs or taking on a second job with an employer who has insurance coverage for the surgery. I am a RN but I would be willing to work anywhere for a short time or for a second job so I can qualify for coverage of the surgery. Any information you could offer regarding places of employment that have insurance that pays for the surgery would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
sofie55
on 2/2/04 2:49 am - ID
Hi Jennifer, my name is Sherry and I work for HP. I have UnitedHealthcare. I have talked with them and they claim that they will cover the surgery if med. needed. Hope this helps. Sherry
higley
on 2/15/04 12:04 pm - Paul, ID
Don't bother trying to get a job with the State of Idaho. Regence Blue Shield will not pay for any WLS, regardless of the reason. I've tried.
Jill L.
on 2/25/04 10:15 am - Boise, ID
This is an old reply, This is the first time I've been here!!! Try the VA, they covered me well with blue cross/blue shield. And the Va is a good place to work!! This may not help you, but I've lost 100 lbs in a year and feel great!! Dr. Oakley is the dude.
Most Active