Sunday Roll Call

sjweiser
on 9/23/12 3:25 am
 Good Morning My Friends,
Well things have been good for me. Today is laundry day for me then going to Jewel the whole
foods. Then I stream a movie from net flix. account. Also I already did my flu shot.
I hope everyone has a nice Sunday.

Steven
Lisa Tucker
on 9/23/12 5:09 am - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13
Good Morning,

Steven, its laundry day for me too.

I was able yesterday to get most of my clothes back into the closet. Now I need to wait  for Hubert to finish the rest of the delving. I will post befor and after pictures when it is done. 

No cooking for me today. We are going out with family for a 2p.m. meal. 

Have a great Sunday,

Hugs,
LISA

crystal M.
on 9/22/12 10:17 pm, edited 9/22/12 10:18 pm - Joliet, IL
Hello everyone

I don't want to put the cart before the horse but this morning I woke this morning and for the first time in weeks there was no pain and no pressure...could this mean #4 could be working?  I don't know but I am really hoping.

For those of you not on Facebook.  I went to get my eyeballs checked yesterday and I don't have pinkeye!!!  Yeah!!!  He said my constant red eyes are from a combination of eye strain (I was in need of a new prescription badly I'm now far sighted too) and inflammation, and extremely dry eyes.  He gave me some drops for the inflammation and the dry eyes.  I also decided to get contacts!!!  This was my first time and I got them in really quick. And wow I really was blind...I can see again!!!  I guess you never know how bad it is till you get something fixed.

So today there are no errands to run nothing on my to do list.  So I am going to relax and take it easy today. 

Christine- I was just wondering.  How do you alter your diet to make sure you don't get another obstruction?  I do hope they get this thing fixed and you are up and running around in time for the holidays.

Lisa- enjoy your family

Well have a good day everyone see ya later all.
ChristineB
on 9/23/12 12:15 am, edited 9/23/12 12:18 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
Christine- I was just wondering.  How do you alter your diet to make sure you don't get another obstruction?  I do hope they get this thing fixed and you are up and running around in time for the holidays.

I have upped my intake of fiber in my die****er and Metimucal. I am constantly looking for and eating high fiber foods. You see the obstructions have been in the same place each time. The adhesions have been causing the blockages and they need to be cleaned up so it hopefully does not get this bad again in the future.

The reality of adhesions is that they will happen again. It is the body's natural healing process and are basically internal scar tissue. So, you can think of this a not being a FIX but preventative medicine. Think of it on the lines of keeping your dryer lint screen cleaned out so your appliance works properly and fires do not occur. Some people have to go in for a clean up numerous times because their body keeps making the scar tissue and it causes problems. 

I have looked back on what has been happening to me for years and realize that they have been forming in there for a long time. I have been feeling my insides move around and cause me discomfort frequently. The bowel is getting wrapped around the adhesions during the body's natural digestion process and it is like a kinked hose - waste gets backed up.  It is amazing that I have not had a problem before this. I am saddened that my one surgical group did not help me but feel that I am in better hands with my WLS surgeon.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

randy777
on 9/23/12 6:48 am - Schaumburg, IL
Five pounds of rib tips and a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's sauce in the crock pot.  Three and a half pounds of neck bones will likely make the 6 quart and the 4 quart pots of soup.

Bang, bang, bang...  the steam is on in the building.

Emptied the storage unit in Hoffman Estates yesterday so slept in until 7am this morning.

Time for a second cup of coffee.

Glad for healthy progress in the group.  Continued prayer for all but right now I guess especially for Liv, Nancy, Christine and Crystal.

Randy

So you have been forgiven?

raptor62
on 9/23/12 7:02 am - IL
RNY on 07/27/12
Hi all,

Crystal, I am glad you are feeling better!

I went to a dinner party last night and got sick!  Din't eat much and I don't know what the hek happened.  I had a couple bites of lemon chicken, mashed patatoes and some steamed veeggies.  I had to go outside and walk around for about 45 minutes before throwing up.  I never thre up until this week and it has happened twice!

Good news!  I am overweight!  I weighed in today at 224.7.

Have a great weekend!

Kevin

Lisa Tucker
on 9/23/12 7:39 am - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13

Kevin, that is great news. Not about getting sick, but you being overweight, instead of obease.

LISA

ChristineB
on 9/23/12 7:29 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
We have the circus in town today and we will walk over to the park and enjoy that at 2pm. The Kelly Miller Circus comes to town every two years. I am still watching my hummers. I see these little birds shivering out there It is amazing that they know when to head south. I read that their instincts are connected to the waning sunlight.

Tomorrow I see the hematologist at 1030. I have my questions to write down still but that will get done eventually. 

I need to get back inside because it is a little chilly in the 3 season room even though the sun is shining brightly. It will take a while for it to warm up out here. 

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Lisa Tucker
on 9/23/12 7:37 am - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13
 Christine, I am glad you got a handle  on your bowel problems, and I want to tell you, that I love your 3 season room. 

LISA

raptor62
on 9/23/12 2:44 am, edited 9/23/12 2:49 am - IL
RNY on 07/27/12
Here are my first Before and After pics.  First one taken March 2012 and the 2nd one yesterday.

http://www.plecosplus.com/pics/Kevin_March2.jpghttp://www.plecosplus.com/pics/kevin_sept_sm2.jpg

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1101 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5623 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5366 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5393 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5431 views