Tuesday Roll Call

sjweiser
on 11/26/12 4:18 pm

Good Morning Everyone,

My trip to Missouri was nice. I had a nice vacation. But is my first day back at work. Also back to working 6 days a wee****il after the holiday. 

Well yesterday I bought myself a Keurig coffee maker I love how fast it brews coffee.  I hope everyone has a nice day.

Steven

randy777
on 11/26/12 8:00 pm - Schaumburg, IL

Marketing is something else.  We have a small espresso machine with an attachment for those and some packets that we moved from Houston so at least six years old.  My uncle passing on I guess had my mind in a back yonder kind of frame then the cold and standing by the oven to get warm and images of being young and the various stoves always had a dripolator on them.  Then there was that commercial were the coffee went buttaboompbumpa and soon everyone had a percolator but most only used them at parties because they were electric so they could be taken and plugged in away from the kitchen.

Randy

So you have been forgiven?

ChristineB
on 11/26/12 8:29 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

My mom had a coffee maker for on the stove that had a glass pot and a large stainless steel enclosed basket thingy on top. When the water boiled it was sucked up to the large basket where the grounds were at and then it somehow released the brewed coffee and went back down the stem to the glass pot. It was the only pot my folks ever had until well after they retired to WI. We used to be able to get the system at Schweppes in Lombard. I have memories of times that the glass pot would get broken and we would have to take a trip to Lombard to get a new one , , ,

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Nancy G.
on 11/26/12 9:39 pm - La Salle, IL

We had a similar one but ours was all metal.  Wow -- those memories. 

Cat Lady

ChristineB
on 11/26/12 8:25 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

I love coffee but will not be drawn in by a Keurig machine. The marketing they are doing on this machine and the other one - Nes something is something else. What people do not remember is that the Keurig machine has been out for years. My nephew & his fiancee' wanted one on their bridal registry years ago (approx 6+ years). Companies depend on people's short term memories - just like the current fashion colors and styles. Some of the colors that are out right now I wore as a freshman in HS  back in '68. 

Steven happy that you enjoyed your family and are home safe and sound. We are planning a short vacay to the Dells over New Years since we missed the Dells over Thanksgiving.

Off to work for me shortly. I made it all the way through yesterday even with the HR lady asking me if I wanted to go home. One can always make it through the day when the boss is not there!

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Phatchick
on 11/26/12 8:35 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Steven and Everyone,

I starting using a Keurig type pot made by Cuisinart when our household got tiny. I found these coffee pods at Costco that are off-brand but delicious. They make my cup of coffee about 30 cents a cup. I know that is very high compared to cup made from a pot of coffee which is probably less than $.05 a cup, but I love that little coffee machine. It makes me happy every morning.

It was winter like this morning when I took out my trash. But I hear we will have a warmer weekend. I am hoping to cut my tree down this week sometime.

I am going to try leaving early this morning and go to aerobics this am. Hopefully I will make it this time

I have a bust day with house-group this evening and weight training this pm, but I look forward to all of it.

Blessings dear ones,

Sharon

Lisa Tucker
on 11/26/12 9:11 pm - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13

Good Morning.

Those K machines are great, but expensive coffee. I make regular coffee in a pot, then use a flavored cream. It is good.

Last night i did get my home office cleaned. We will see what happens tonight. 

Denyce, welcome to our group. 

Steven, welcome home also.

Have a great day,

Hugs,

LISA

crystal M.
on 11/26/12 9:35 pm - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

Nothing new going on with me...just work and working out.  I am doing really well with the migraines (knock on wood).  My one neighbor across from me (not the hot guy)...was working out in the gym yesterday and she seems really nice. 

Today at work I have to deal with auditors...I really hate auditors.  They really cause me so much extra work.  I have to pull so much files and copy and refile.  It's a pain in the butt..especially when you figure I have my regular work to do.

Well I have to run...time for work...see ya later

Nancy G.
on 11/26/12 10:26 pm - La Salle, IL

Good Morning Steven and all the Illinois Gang

It is indeed cold out there this morning.  The news was talking about a 13 degree temp for this morning with the wind chill.  BRR.  

Steven, welcome back.  I am glad you had a nice time.  It is hard to think about going back to work 6 days a week.  I am not sure how you do it.  I need more of a break than tha. 

I have been coveting a Keurig coffee maker.  The funny thing is I do not drink coffee but they have flavored tea pods and hot chocolate and cider.  The idea that if I want a cup of something it can be ready in an instant is really appealing.  By the time I hea****er in the microwave, the feeling often passes.  Is that the height of laziness?

Chris, I am glad you made it through the day yesterday and that HR did offer you a chance to go home. 

Sharon, it sounds like you have a full day planned again today.  Yesterday sure had lots of detours.

Lisa, I cant believe you just got back from a trip and cleaned your home office.  You are one neat freak!  Please come to my house.

Crystal, I am glad you are meeting your neighbors.  Good luck with the auditors. 

Everyone have a great day!

Cat Lady

birder I.
on 11/27/12 5:59 am - Rockford, IL

Hello!

I thought about a Keurig but Kay found a Black and Decker that does the same thing and only costs $20. I figure if it breaks we can replace it five times over for the cost of the K one. Anyway, this allows you to use your own coffee and so you don't have to mess with those expensive cups (which take up too much room anyway. It also heats water for tea and hot chocolate. Our favorite coffees are Jadabug which is roasted here in Rockford and EVP which comes from Madison. Neither comes in little cups so this coffee machine is perfect for us.

Been watching the birds outside my computer window. Cardinals and juncos, house finches and gold finches, several types of woodpeckers--it's like they are entertaining me. We even had a tufted titmouse the other day.

Finished Christmas shopping for everyone except Kay. She's the hardest to buy for--basically because we don't need anything!

Have a great day!

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1101 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5623 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5366 views
Sunday Roll Call