Next step

Cindy B
on 2/25/14 7:26 am
RNY on 03/19/14

So, I am onto the next step in this journey.I got the call tonight.

Final checks with the doctors are scheduled and so is surgery...March 19th. I have emotions running wild and need to regain my composure. 22 days left....no no One day at a time. life is good.

Keep working on my goals. I'm building a goal board, things I want to do again. Positive thoughts and motivation. Remembering back when I would be chain smoking because of my emotions. Fleeting thought. Happy one..I don't need that crutch anymore~! Food is no longer my enemy, I know what to do with it. Yep and thinking when junk food was all I wanted at times like this. Not anymore. So many goals already reached and yet so many more to go.

Sorry to rant. I'm excited.

Cindy

Phatchick
on 2/25/14 11:17 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Cindy,

It is an exciting time. To know the one thing you have dreamed about for so long is going to finally happen, is beyond the moon.

In this process I learned food wasn't my enemy, my use of carbs is the enemy. I am so addicted to carbs, that having that 6 months after surgery away from them, showed me what I need to do to live a life that makes me happy to be alive. Unfortunately, I fell off the wagon for 7 months and have been back on the wagon for about 3 weeks. It feels good to be in control again.

There are so many in this room who have tons of knowledge, if you need us we are here.

Hugs,

Sharon

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1097 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5620 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5363 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5392 views