HELP!!! Second thoughts

snoopygirl1968
on 8/25/14 3:39 am - Lisle, IL
VSG on 09/09/14 with

Ok, so I have 2 weeks to go till surgery.  On Saturday I finally dipped below 350.  I was so excited.  When I told hubby, he was happy, but then he mentioned that if I wanted to change my mind and not have surgery and just keep going, that I could.  So now I have all kinds of doubts in my head.  I've lost 49 pounds since October.  Can I do this on my own and keep following what I've been taught???  I just read a story today about a teen that lost almost 200 pounds all on his own.  Am I crazy for having surgery?  Am I being a wimp???  Are all these thoughts normal????  Please help me!!!

follow my journey:  http://snoopygirljourney.blogspot.com

carlak
on 8/25/14 6:21 am - Bradenton, FL

I had second thou( for about a minute! Then I decided the pro out weighed the cons.I went with the surgery and never looked back. But u have to go with what's I'm your heart. As for me  I'm glad I did it. I no longer have diabetes. I can buy cloths in normal sizes and I can keep up with the best of them.  I can also get on the floor and play with my grand daughter. I could never do that at 275 Pou da. I didn't have the will power to stay on a olan. This surgery saved my life. I wouldn't be here if I didn't have the surgery. But that's me.

Do what's in your heart. The surgery will always be here for yoy. Carla

image hosting site

LisaTucker
on 8/25/14 9:12 am - IL

This is normal. I think we all thought of this before the surgery. But, if you were able to lose the weight on your own, you wouldn't have gone for it. Dieting doesn't work. I am sure you have heard this before. I am sure your hubby is concerned, when I first brought it up, mine was totally against it and didn't want me to tell anyone. Just remember, you are doing this for you.Not your hubby, not your friends, but you. No, you are not crazy. You understand that you had a problem and you are going to solve it.

We are here for you.

Hugs,

Lisa

snoopygirl1968
on 8/25/14 11:17 am - Lisle, IL
VSG on 09/09/14 with

Thank you so much Lisa.  I really appreciate it.  I will be having this, I NEED to do this......for me. 

And I look forward to learning on you guys as I hit the losers bench!

follow my journey:  http://snoopygirljourney.blogspot.com

LisaTucker
on 8/26/14 12:52 am - IL

Just remember, you are already a winner for making this decision.

Hugs,LISA

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1081 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5606 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5350 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5380 views
Thursday Roll Call