Friday Roll Call

snoopygirl1968
on 9/4/14 11:21 pm - Lisle, IL
VSG on 09/09/14 with

Happy Friday everyone!!

Today is my last day at work before surgery.  My train buddy gave me a big hug as we got off the train this morning and wished me luck.  I decided to take a personal day on Monday so I can just lay around and relax.  It was rough walking to the office from Union Station.  Even though it's only a little more than a block, between the joint pain and the fatigue, it was brutal.  I have been trying tylenol and it has kinda taken the edge off, thank goodness.  Plans for the weekend are to just relax as much as possible.

Anyone doing anything fun this weekend?

follow my journey:  http://snoopygirljourney.blogspot.com

LisaTucker
on 9/5/14 12:31 am - IL

Good Morning,

I have no plans for the weekend. Just do some stuff around here and enjoy the cooler weather.I just cleaned out the bottom freezer on my frig, I am now going to clean up the kitchen mess, then heading to the store.

Hoping when I get back, I can just relax.

I will be thinkingabout you on Tuesday. Have someone post when you are done.

Hugs,

Lisa

Lisa

crystal M.
on 9/5/14 3:21 am, edited 9/5/14 3:24 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

Well what a week it's been.  The drama at work has been unbearable.  But I have to say it's has all worked out for me. 

First on Wednesday was a bad day for me.  My boss yelled at me for something she asked me to do!!!  I handed in a spreadsheet complete with pop-up comments (she asked me to do this).  We had a full conversation about it at the end of last month.  She wanted comments attached to explain what was involved with each line item.  So this month I did just that.  Do you know what this shrew said....she yelled that I wasted my time!!!  I looked at her and said...I stood in your office last month and you specifically asked me to do this...I said this 3 times.  She ignored me each time I said it.  Why...because she knew she asked me to do it.  She just kept telling me how I am wasting my time doing useless stuff...and I said...ya useless stuff you ask me to do.  The thing is she had her mind set on yelling on me that day.  If I walked in without the work done she asked me to do I would have got yelled at for no doing it.  And since it was done...well I got yelled at any way.

Well the next day the payroll manager came to me and said...I just felt so bad for you.  Another girl over heard and said...I am your witness that she told you to do those comments.  I heard her yelling at you last month to do them. 

Anyway...I was upset because the controller got fired yesterday and basically she was the one that saved me from getting fired.  My boss wanted me gone and the controller wouldn't let her.  When the controller was fired yesterday my thought was "great now my boss can fire me".  Well today I found out from my old boss that is false.  If anything my boss's job is on the line.  Word has gotten around how badly she treats me and others and word has reached the president.  He is not happy.  From what I hear if she doesn't change her attitude she is on her way out.  My ex-boss told me that he was told specifically how she treats me.  I am wondering who went through all the trouble to go to the president of the company and explain what is going on and how I am being treated.  And I thought how nice that someone would do that for me.  I would never do that for myself.  I guess when you treat people nice and are friendly...they are willing to do things for you.

So it looks like I might not have to look for a job after all and I might get my great work place back.  Lets hope.

Anyway Good luck to you.

See you all later...have a good day

carlak
on 9/5/14 4:30 am - Bradenton, FL

Crystal my heart goes out for u in the work force. I was treated badly in my last job by my boss.  She didnt like the per diem people. The ones who would come in at the drop of a hat when someone wanted the day off or went home sick, or the 19 yr olds decided they wanted to go out in a date and didnt want to work that day!!!! She laid us off!!!! So I collected my unemployment and didnt look back!!!!!

Hang in there I think it gets better!!!!

Carla

image hosting site

Nancy G.
on 9/5/14 9:19 am - La Salle, IL

Happy Friday Everyone!

It has been another hectic  week in la la land!  I come home at night scratching my head and wondering how long I will have a job and why people just dont leave if they dont like their job.  Our customers have been very challenging lately and things sure are confusing and changing every day but a lot of my fellow employees seem not to be willing to go with the flow and seem to have an axe to grind and are taking it out in their service to our customers or should I say lack of service.  

Then when the customers get someone who cares, we get an earful and of course, we do our best to smooth things over, clean up messes and try to make everything better.  My handling time is up this week and I am sure I will hear about it, but the calls I have had are unbelievable.  I cannot believe the corners that people have cut or the lack to help they have given customers.  They are blowing people off.  If we want to keep our business we cant do that!  

I am planning to just kick back and relax this weekend.  I really had a nice weekend last weekend and was ready to go back to work Monday.  So hopefully I can get that feeling back this weekend. 

Lisa, your surgery will be here before you know it!  Good luck!  I was so nervous the day before my surgery I could hardly sit still.  Also I was filled with second thoughts which was normal.  I also could not wait to just get it over with!  It is the best thing I ever did for myself and I would do it again in a heart beat so dont try to second guess yourself!  Hang in there!

Crystal, I am so sorry with all you are going through at work.  I am relieved that someone went to bet for you.  You are a hard worker and they SHOULD be realizing what you contribute.   No one deserves to be demeaned, put down or yelled at.  That type of boss needs to be fired or demoted.  She is not management material at all!   If she had someone treating her that way she would be running for the hills.  Crystal, did Amanda and Charles head west already?  Have they settled in at a new location?

Connie your trip is sounding great and your pictures are super!

Lisa, i hope they get those new programs figured out soon.  Such a headache when programs dont work right and they expect us to use them anyway.  

Karen, it sounds like you are doing good.  it is so nice to hear from you again.

Chris, how is your new boss?

Carla, when are you headed back our way?

Sharon, where are you?

Jessica, how are you doing? 

Jason, how is PT coming and the hip recovery going?

Everyone have an awesome weekend!

Cat Lady

ChristineB
on 9/5/14 11:01 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

New boss is from with in = status quo. I am sure there will be changes but he has the same thought patterns as the last chief. Besides I am older than him and have more years of service and can tell him to respect his elders!

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Watson
on 9/5/14 12:15 pm
VSG on 06/08/10 with

Happy Friday Nancy,

Sounds like you've had a long week this week. I hope next week goes well for you.

PT is going great, I have one more week to go and I think I'll be done. I guess I'm doing good, this week and last weekend was okay/so so, I've been feeling somewhat depressed in what I went through this year and what lays ahead of me between now and the end of the year 2015. I find ways to get out in what I'm feeling by listening to music and read some books. I think I have a surgery date for my right knee replacement for September 22, 2014. This will make surgery number for this year. Also for the last two plus weeks my right hand in the fingers that they been feeling some numbness, I e-mailed my doctor what I'm going through with my right hand (the doctor that did my Chiari Decompression surgery) and he ordered an MRI test called "MR BRAIN" and I had that test done yesterday (09/04/2014) and I do have an appointment with my doctor this coming Monday on 09/08/2014 and I wonder what he'll say and what he'll tell me about the MRI test that I had done. I hope it's nothing. Now I'll be sitting on pins and needles until I see my doctor this coming Monday. Wish me good luck that all goes well for me on Monday.

Have a great night.

Highest Weight: 565 pounds (around 1999), Highest BMI: 94

Pre-op Weight: 476.40 pounds (2 weeks before {05/25/2010} VSG surgery), Pre-op BMI: 79.3

Lowest Weight: 153.5 pounds (as of 07/10/2013), Lowest BMI: 25.5

Current Weight: 350.75546 pounds (351 lb 0 oz./159.1 kilograms (as of 04/22/2019), Current BMI: 58.3

Nancy G.
on 9/5/14 9:20 am - La Salle, IL
Nancy G.
on 9/5/14 9:21 am - La Salle, IL
carlak
on 9/5/14 12:54 pm - Bradenton, FL

We r heading up there on the 21 other 22nd for a week.

image hosting site

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1080 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5606 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5350 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5380 views
Thursday Roll Call