Sleeve on 2/1/11 now RNY this month. Seriously.

hdkaplan
on 5/6/11 7:54 am - IN
I'm sorry I havent been here in a while but in a few minutes, you'll understand.

My doctor, Dr. Inman, did my Sleeve surgery on 2/1/11 (12 weeks ago). I came home with the normal issues but for the past 12 weeks I have done nothing but throw up. I mean, everythin from broth, to water, to mashed potatoes. I kid you not! I've been in the hospital more times than I can count. In the past 4 weeks, she has done 2 scopes on me to dilate my stomach because its too narrow to allow food to pass. Today at my check up, she thinks I need to have a Roux-en-Y to try to make this go away. For those keeping count, in 14 weeks (apx) I'll have had 2 different types of Gastric Bypass. I'm devestated, hysterical driving home. I cannot believe that this is my life at 28 years old. I'm starting to regret having the 1st surgery. The morning that I went in for my Sleeve, I had doubts and my mom was like "if you're not ready, lets go. Dont worry about who's mad" but I stayed and had the surgery because I didn't want to **** off my surgeon and the surgical staff.... now this is what my life has become. I've lost almost 80lbs since my orginal surgery and I'm thankful for it but at what cost? I know NOTHING of the RNY surgery and I have a lot of studying to do on it. If you've had the RNY (or hell, a surgery story like mine with 2 surgeries this close together) please let me know what to expect, how it went, etc. OH! I'm a IU (Clarian or whatever they want to be called now since they settled the last malpractice suit--- oops) person but Dr. Inman said I can switch over to St. V's which is what I'm doing. I loathe IU.

Sorry for the *****ing.. I'm just so upset.

Thanks!!

HD

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/11 12:41 am - Lafayette, IN
 i honestly doubt that a RNY is going to fix the vomiting issue in fact it might make it worse. i love dr inman but if i were you i would be getting a second opinion. even if it is just talking to one of the other dr in her office. dr evanson is great. i absolutely would not go into another surgery without being sure that you are prepared to live with the results. you could end up dumping and that can be just as bad as the vomiting. i wish you the best of luck.
Mandaly
on 5/8/11 8:11 am - IN
 I had the RNY on April 12 and I've not had any complications. Dr. Evanson is my surgeon. I was pain free within the first week. 

I would talk to another surgeon as well before having another surgery. You wont hurt Dr. Inman's feelings, and if you do, tough for her. You have to take charge and get all the information you need. 

I was feeling doubts the day of my surgery too, so don't convince yourself you made the wrong decision just because of those doubts. 

St. V. is an excellent hospital. I really enjoyed my stay there. 

Take care of yourself and call the office Monday and ask for a consult with another surgeon. 

Amanda

hdkaplan
on 5/8/11 4:11 pm - IN

*Sigh* Oy vey... I'm going to be calling a few surgeons tomorrow for a 2nd and 3rd opinions. Just very scary.. especially when my insurance expires on June 1st. AHHH!!

gizmo113
on 5/12/11 9:54 am - Camby, IN
 I'm so sorry about your complications. I had the RNY with Dr. Cacucci. I think they are in the same practice together. I think you have every right to be upset. No one wants to be the unlucky few with the complications. 

I agree with above and getting a second/third opinion. The RNY is a way different life than the VSG. I always think about how I should have researched them myself and maybe gone with the VSG. I really don't like the malabsorbtion piece of the RNY. 

Hope you get healthy soon! Keep us updated!

Follow me on my blog!!! www.fittingmethin.blogspot.com

Jo N.
on 5/15/11 5:00 am - Crawfordsville, IN
I just wanted to offer up a hug, even if it's just a cyber hug, because I know you have to be scared out of your mind.
Five+ YEARS WITH THE LAP-BAND( 8/31/05)
Highest Weight: 317/Surgery Weight: 267/Lowest Weight: 148
Currently Filled 1.4cc in a 4 cc band APBand
Panniculectomy w/psudeo TT proformed by Dr Bergman 10/8/2009
Need Help With Success? Read a Geneen Roth Book. "When Food Is Love!"

hdkaplan
on 5/27/11 10:32 pm - IN
Hey all!!

Thank you for the support.. I wanted to let u kno that I had the RNY yesterday here @ St. V's in Carmel (in room 275 if you wanna come keep a little girl company! lol). It really happened so fast from getting the insurance approval on Monday then getting scheduled on Tuesday for surgery yeseterday to Class on Wednesday and Thursday-- which i drove from Muncie & stayed @ the Hotel Indigo (sidebar, you MUST try that hotel out. Loved it and most of these hotels around here have GREAT discounts for hospital visitors. Normal rate for our hotel room was $199 but we got it with tax for $106!) I hear that I might have to stay a little longer-- like till monday or tuesday because of my low platete history. So.. I'm not goin anywhere if u wanna drop in. Hopefully I wont fall asleep on you guys because of the Dilaudid IV meds if any of you do. hahah.

Hilary-Danielle Kaplan

Most Active
Recent Topics