Goals and accomplishments!?!?!

Deanna_K
on 7/31/03 3:26 am - Sandy, OR
Hey Guys...I was just thinking(shuuush Sharon);) we really need to take advantage of this GREAT board we have here for Kansas and start getting to know each other better...SO I'm going to ask you all "What is something you hope to get to do after surgery/ weight loss AND/OR what is something you have already accomplished????" I can't wait to hear your answers!!! BIG HUGS
Deanna_K
on 7/31/03 3:32 am - Sandy, OR
All right, I'll go first since I asked the question!!! I want to WATER SKI again...I haven't got to ski since I had my last knee surgery in 1988...Something else I'm contemplating is becoming a PERSONAL TRAINER!!! The accomplishment that I am MOST proud of is teaching the most intense water exercise class in my Y and being asked to develop and teach another water exercise class to start in Sept. WHODATHUNKIT!!!!
Brenda B.
on 7/31/03 7:18 am - Lenexa, KS
HMMMmmmmm....Boy, there are so many goals I have it is hard to choose. You know crossing my legs, riding roller coasters again, dancing all night long....I actually have a goal I would like to accomplish that I may not be able to, due to the arthritis, I would love to run! I used to dream about it. To just be able to get up and run and play and do whatever everyone else is doing. Tired of sitting and watching the bags! Yep, I may even start a game of tag with my kids some day. Even if they are practically adults themselves! Oh yeah, riding bikes again, maybe even doing the MS150 again but not having to hitch rides up the hills! This was a good question, I am only 18 days away from my surgery date and I do a lot of thinking about what I hope to be doing next year! Hugs and prayers to all!!! Brenda
DebPKansas
on 8/1/03 6:49 am - Paola, KS
Wow, where do I start! I have accomplished many of the goals I put forth at the beginning of this incredible journey. Traveling is so much fun now, especially flying and the seat belt fitting, the tray table going down and being able to move between the aisles comfortably. I don't feel like such an outcast anymore, I fit in, I'm normal. It is still strange to me to be seen...before I was apparently invisible because no one ever acknowledged my presence in social situations. I can now walk about and hold my head up and be a part! I love riding roller coasters and not worrying about fitting. I go swimming in a suit, instead of a suit covered with a very large t-shirt. I have many more things I want to accomplish like riding a bike again, white water rafting and riding horses again. Life is filled with so many more opportunities now...I will accomplish all these goals..and more! Best wishes to you all (((hugs))) and smiles =)))
michelle8138
on 8/1/03 10:54 am - Dodge City, KS
I like this question, it makes a person really stop and think. This may be small to other people, but it is very big to me, I just want to find some enjoyment in my life...my weight has always caused me to find no happiness whatsoever, I am always worried whether, "I can do it" or "if I can fit into it" or "if I will be starred at because I am the biggest person in the group". It interfer's in everything, "My weight", even the littlest things that I do on a daily basis has no "fun", because its always that same list of questions that are listed in my mind that I keep going over and over. "CAN I" and now I am thinking, "yes I can find some enjoyment when I have a new chance at life".
jan M.
on 8/7/03 8:09 am - hutchinson, ks
I haven't been online for awhile, so I'm just now seeing this. I feel like there are a lot of things that I can do now, that I couldn't before. The one goal that I have set for myself is to learn to swim before I turn 50 next June.
Most Active
Recent Topics
SUPPORT GROUPS
KansasPrincess · 1 replies · 6507 views
Insurance Help.
tj91116 · 1 replies · 6412 views
Who is your primary doctor?
kw0299 · 8 replies · 7863 views
UHC Community Plan (KS Medicaid)?
kw0299 · 0 replies · 6895 views