Made it through my pre-ops!!

michelle8138
on 8/1/03 10:39 am - Dodge City, KS
What an experience it was...lots and lots of tests. They sure check everything, thank goodness. It makes me feel better to know they are interested in the inside of my body before they start cutting on it...lol, Well I am still very nervous and still thinking of backing out. Just wanted to let you all know that I love reading all your profiles and it gives me the motivation to hang-in-there, so I am hoping I will be joining you on the losing side soon.
Click
on 8/1/03 2:14 pm
Congrats on doing your pre-ops! I understand that you are feeling very nervous still, but please know that you have made a wonderful decision to make a better life for yourself and your family. Both docs in Junction City are awesome and everyone there truly does care about you personally and only want the best for you. I have never been so impressed by a hospital and its staff and of course the docs as I have in Geary Community Hopsital!! I grew up in KC and let me say they SO put KU and so many of the other big hospitals to shame. You will be in safe hands. Plus you have LOTS of people here rooting you on throughout your journey. Have you started to prepare for your surgery yet by increasing your exercise, deep breathing, and buying things you'll need pre-op? Doing these things will help ease your mind because you will know that you are doing everything you can to prepare yourseld physically and emotionally. Congrats on getting one step closer to crossing over! BIG HUGS!!
DebPKansas
on 8/1/03 10:52 pm - Paola, KS
Woohooooo one step closer!! I'm so glad you had lots of good preop testing...I had a lung x-ray, weight, and blood work..that was it!! I did fine with surgery but, I think you can never have too many precautionary/preliminary tests when it comes to surgery. Ok...now it's time for you to have some FUN!!! Get your house all ready...buy some new pillows and pretty pillow cases (I found some cute ones with daisies on clearance at wal-mart). Just get things comfy cozy for when you come home from surgery. The one food I miss....and there is no sugar-free substitute..is a good donut or cinnamon roll...so go have one....lol..for me!!! hahahaha. Surgery is scary, no doubt about that...but to tell you the truth, I worked myself up with worry far more than I needed to...it's just not that bad. My shoulder reconstruction was WAAAYYY worse than my open gastric bypass. You will be FINE! Life is what you LIVE...not what just happens around you. ((((hugs)))) and smiles =))))
Deanna_K
on 8/5/03 2:43 am - Sandy, OR
YOU are going to do just GREAT!!!! Dr. Bollman and Stevens are really wonderful and so is the staff!!!!! The aftercare is fantastic and you really need to get to the support group meetings if at all possible!!! Talk with Dawn and Lena and Toni (the Kinsley Girls). I know they are planning some trips to at least Hutch for the meeting we have here. We would LOVE to have ya!!! BIG HUGS
Dawn K.
on 8/6/03 3:54 am - Hendersonville, TN
Michelle: You are NOT backing out! You and I are going to get through this together! You are going to do FANTASTIC and feel 100% better. I promise I will be here to support you 100% through it all. I know you can do this girl! Lets just take one day at a time and before you know it it will be your turn! Hugs!
Most Active
Recent Topics
SUPPORT GROUPS
KansasPrincess · 1 replies · 6498 views
Insurance Help.
tj91116 · 1 replies · 6406 views
Who is your primary doctor?
kw0299 · 8 replies · 7857 views
UHC Community Plan (KS Medicaid)?
kw0299 · 0 replies · 6890 views